Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vane clearance on bodoodle/prong?

Old 03-29-2003, 11:56 AM

Default vane clearance on bodoodle/prong?

Right now I have a Bodoodle rest on my bow and shoot 4" vanes on Beman 400' s.
The most offset I can get is about 1-2 degrees. Can I get more clearance from a prong rest. If so, which one do you recommend? I have been looking at the Quiktune and a couple others. I don' t want to go to a drop-away because of the extra gadgets to mess with. Less gadgets, less worries. Thanks Chris
Old 03-29-2003, 12:35 PM

Default RE: vane clearance on bodoodle/prong?

When I was shooting the Bodoodle Bullet rests, I used a pliers and bent the prongs down about 20 degrees and about 3/8 of an inch back from the tip of the prongs. This opened up the gap between the prongs to allow the vane to pass. I still had some contact in the bottom of the launcher cradle and on the side of the center shot adjustment block near the return spring. There was vane material residue on the surfaces of there areas. I use my own drop away style rest now with no contact and accuracy is better.