Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no peep sight aid pro or con?

Old 03-28-2003, 06:29 PM

Default no peep sight aid pro or con?

no peep has anyone tryed one what do you think ?
Old 03-28-2003, 07:36 PM

Default RE: no peep sight aid pro or con?

If you are unsure of your form and want consistency in your shooting then get one. I' ve been having mine for 24 hrs and ruined 2 arrows already. I shoot mine with an enlarged peep (1/2" ) and it workes great. It even lets me know when I put my release on too short/long.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Five arrows for the pro shop to be repairedd and one shot in half. I' d say that' s great testimony for the No Peep. I love it and look forward to its benefits in low light hunting conditions.

I highly recommend the No Peep.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:27 AM

can you use the same anchor point with the no peep like tip of noise to string
Old 03-29-2003, 09:56 AM

That' s why I still use my peep with the no-peep. I didn' t have to change my old way of shooting , and adjusted the no peep to fit my present draw. It will take two people to make the final micro-adjustments (one to move the no-peep while you are anchored comfortably) - but all those times when you THOUGHT you were anchored correctly, you really weren' t, and that' s why the shot was off. The no-peep will definitely let you know when you are off - even a little.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Roseaukaine, I took my peep sight off and only had to make one slight change. I have never changed my anchor point from my decades long barebow-tab(Apache style) style of shooting. I have always drawn the string to the center of my nose and I have a small kisser knot tied to my string that anchors in the corner of my mouth. This is a habit some 40 years in the making and it works.

The one change I had to make actually makes a great improvement and it is easier for me to shoot. I am Right Eye Dominant but, after I started shooting with the No Peep my left eye began to instinctively take over the aiming tasks and now is my dominant aiming eye. Since this happened, I have a MUCH better view of the target and fully expect that it will make a tremendous difference when hunting.

I have even learned to check the No Peep for proper alignment then ignore it . . . with great success.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Now, I just bought a new TR micro Matrix, but the no peep does seem interesting, So my question is, is the no peep just that little circle and can be used with any sight or is a whole sight set up that must be used by itself?
Old 03-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

2droptine,
The NoPeep is a separate unit that can be used with any sight. It is small and very light weight. It comes with it' s own bracket, too.
Charlie
Old 03-29-2003, 06:13 PM

Trebark is right - people who have seen my no-peep had the same misconception that I had - that it WAS the aiming device. It' s not. The no-peep is simply an " alignment tool" that trains you to reach the EXACT same anchor point every time. Properly mounted, it is easily seen in your perifrial vision as you look at your sight(s). You simply draw, check your alignment, aim, and shoot (but not twice at the same bull).
Old 03-31-2003, 11:05 AM

I' m using a No-Peep with a Micro Matrix on my Mathews Legacy. The combo works great.

Quick Reply: no peep sight aid pro or con?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.