Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep?

Old 03-27-2003, 07:45 PM

Default peep?

currently my peep is one that has a rubber tube that ties to the cable (not sure what its called) but it is to keep the peep aligned at all times???? i was thinking of putting a differetn one on my string to decrese the weight on my string and pikc up a few fps...is this a good idea what od u reccomend and will i have a prob wiht it twisting where i will not be able to see through it when i get my bow at full draw
??
thanks
rather b. hunting
Old 03-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: peep?

It should be no problem for you to switch to a different peep........you might want to consider something like a Tru-Peep " Super Hunter" and also a string loop. Even if you don' t have a balanced bowstring like a Winners Choice etc. you can set the peep sight in such a position that the string loop can be set to pull the peep into perfect rotation with every draw.(provided your bowstring is not stretching) It' ll just take a little tweaking and a bowpress of course so you will want to consult a good pro shop to get it done.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:17 PM
kop

Default RE: peep?

Try the the fletcher tru peep that matt/pa suggested thats what I use too.You can see thuogh them even if they twist to the side. If you want it to stay in line at draw tie some serving above and below the peep when you slide the serve towards or away from the peep it will rotate it where you want it.Be sure to wax the sting so you can slide the serve easier.They make 5 sizes super hunter being the largest. hope this helps.[8D]