Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Rest?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:39 PM

Default Arrow Rest?

I currently have an APA Ultimate Twister Safari, but I have been having a lot of problems with it lately. It wobbles left and right about 1/8" and I have tightened everything down. That is a problem when your bow is pumping them out at 360+fps and has very little forgiveness. They are just not a good match. What do you guys recommend for me. The only requirement I have is that it has to be a drop away, but I do like a fully enclosed rest like the APA I have now. Right now I am leaning towards the Vapor Trail Limb Driver, but there are some things that I don't like about it such as the fact that the cord attaches to the limb. I do not know much about this, so my concern might me misplaced. Let me know what you think. By the way, I know that this is the wrong forrum, but there were like tree people on the other one.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow Rest?

A limb driver is not a full containment rest. Its a very good rest, but not full containment.

Any drop away that is properly set up is going to get out of the way fast enough. The variable in that is PROPERLY set up!

I use QADs, and I'd recommend them to any one. The pro series HD is worth every penny... and spend the extra $10 on the HDs!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote solidly in QAD corner-true full containment,easily installed/tuned,quiet,can be cocked up ahead of time,will only drop upon firing-NOT during letdown,reliable,won't bounce back up to smack arrow,full clearance-what's not to love-it's the only rest I now use or reccomend-and I've tried most of them except for the most recent introductions. Great advise swampcollie!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Then I must nor have set that QAD up right because it was not getting out of the way. I'll admit that it is possible. I decided to go with the Vapor Trail Limb Driver and based on the fact that I shot 5 more x's on the five spot at 20 yards with it than than the APA just after sighting it in, I am very impressed. It's great.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any expereince with the limb driver but I am currently shoot the QAD and have been very happy with it. Here is a review I did for my website on the QAD. It pretty much gives you the good and bad.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting an APA Twister for 4 years now without a single issue. If you're getting 1/8" of horizontal slop, here is what to do. Loosen the screw that holds the piece that the cord goes into. Squeeze the entire assembly, the prongs and the peice the cord goes into and retighten while you have it squeezed. Now, you may squeeze it too much and the launcher might not be able to twist freely. if that happens, carefully loosen that screw again, just a tiny bit until it is slightly free. Retighten.

I personally love this rest for hunting. It's simple and very durable. Unless someone comes out with a better mousetrap, I'm not changing rests anytime soon.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Where the hell were you yesterday? I already bought the limb driver. Both work very well, but the vapor trail is better. Still, I am glad to know that it did not fail, it just needed a tune up. I'll put it on another bow.