Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow coming off rest?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow coming off rest?

When I am on draw with my Drenalin/Shakey rest and bend like I am going to take that <10 yd shot from 20 ft. My arrow with a small twist of the wrist will come off the arrow rest. Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow coming off rest?

Nock pinch and this needs to be corrected.This happens alot when d loops are tied too tightly around the nock.This is one reason I prefer the under loop instead of the over/under style.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

While it might be string pinch,if you had a full capture rest that could be cocked up ahead of time like the QAD,it wouldn't be an issue regardless. Before I went to QAD,string pinch,torquing,insufficent launcher arm angle,and a host of other issues would crop up their ugly head.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

While it might be string pinch,if you had a full capture rest that could be cocked up ahead of time like the QAD,it wouldn't be an issue regardless. Before I went to QAD,string pinch,torquing,insufficent launcher arm angle,and a host of other issues would crop up their ugly head.

That would be masking a problem and even though it wouldn't still be coming up,it will negatively affect the arrow flight.It would rob a little shootability from you.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will address this, thanks TFOX
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep have the same problem. had the shakey on my old bow, it never happened, switched to the Katera and it happens alot. after reading this post i looked at the string loops on both bows and sure enuff the loop on my Katera is WAY smaller and closer together than on my old Cybertec. I may be getting a new loop.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Site Bouncer

TeeJay,

To prevent nock pinch with a loop is pretty simple, you can do it how TFOX does (loop under nock) or put in a couple nock sets to hold everything in place like this......

I tie in two nock sets then put on my loop. My arrow nock sits snug between the two tied on nock sets and the loop doesn't effect my arrow (no pinch)at all.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

TeeJay,

To prevent nock pinch with a loop is pretty simple, you can do it how TFOX does (loop under nock) or put in a couple nock sets to hold everything in place like this......

I tie in two nock sets then put on my loop. My arrow nock sits snug between the two tied on nock sets and the loop doesn't effect my arrow (no pinch)at all.

When I don't tie under,that is how I do it.I will just put a little more tied inserving under the arrow to center the release behind the arrow.

Here is a pic of how I prefer mine.This actually puts a little downward force on the arrow so it maintains the exact same pressure on all shots.

Both are perfectly accepted methods.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

TeeJay,

When I don't tie under,that is how I do it.I will just put a little more tied inserving under the arrow to center the release behind the arrow.

Here is a pic of how I prefer mine.This actually puts a little downward force on the arrow so it maintains the exact same pressure on all shots.

Both are perfectly accepted methods.

Yup, eithermethod will most likely end your problem.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

She is fixed thanks boys.