Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Radio trackable arrows

Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 AM

Default Radio trackable arrows

Well, we have seen the radio collars that they put on animals. Now we have lighted nocks that let you see the arrow from withina certain distance.

What about an arrow that transmits a signal the second it's shot from the bow? In your pocket you have a directional receiver that tells you which direction the arrow went to.

The things that make you go hmmmm?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Radio trackable arrows

I believe that there is already something out there (or at least there was) that did this.

It was a small transmitter that was strapped to the arrow. On passthrough, the "bug" detached from the arrow and remained attached to the animal. You then used a form of radio direction finder to locate your quarry.

Pretty much illegal just about everywhere

This is not the one I was thinking of but.....
http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/...ter-system.htm
Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Who would have thought........[&:]
Old 10-28-2008, 01:31 PM

How would they be illegal? I just re-read through the NY hunting book and found nothing that would relate to radio tracking. Yet you'd think everyones DEC would allow this anyway.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
bigcountry

Hey now, I am working on an RFID for arrows, at least a patent. So hands off. [:@]

Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, keep your ideas [:-]b/c they will quickly be stolen by someone else on the internet[:@] you could become an engineer and design this radio attachment and be the next bill gates.... or somethin like that!!!
Derek
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM

Ummm, too late. Already several patents listed online that pertains to this idea. I'm just surprised that its not main stream yet.

ORIGINAL: drockw

Yeah, keep your ideas [:-]b/c they will quickly be stolen by someone else on the internet[:@] you could become an engineer and design this radio attachment and be the next bill gates.... or somethin like that!!!
Derek
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Illegal here in AK: No electronic device attached to either bow or arrow. (That means lighted nocks and lighted sights too.)
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: needmorecoffee

Ummm, too late. Already several patents listed online that pertains to this idea. I'm just surprised that its not main stream yet.

ORIGINAL: drockw

Derek
I don't think so. Could you show me a few?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

My uncle had one of these that he used on his cross bow bolts. He could not get any reading on his transmitter due to the ears breaking off from the bug on impact. I am color blind and if something was to hit the market and make it a little easier for me to find game that I have shot with my bow I would try it without a second thought.

Quick Reply: Radio trackable arrows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.