Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Repairing carbons?

Old 03-27-2003, 07:47 PM
nub

Default RE: Repairing carbons?

I don' t really see what' s so unsafe about repairing a 1/2 inch crack, If you used 2-part epoxy, heck that stuff is stronger than the carbon itself!
Anyone have a copy of that pic of Jax' s(?) thumb or wrist with the carbon arrow sticking out of it?[:' (]
Old 03-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Dave:

Do you know how the arrows got damaged? I have the terminator hunter selects in 6075, and have been shooting them for over a year with little or no wear and no cracks.The only ones I was able to damage went through my target and hit the concrete block wall behind it.I just bought a dozen more because I like them so much . I hope that this is not a defect to new shafts.

Tim.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m not sure how they became damaged. On one, I found it this way when it hit the tire I have as a backstop behind the target. Only the point and a small part of the arrow went into the tire, but the nock end was where the damage occurred. As for the other one, it may have been a collision with another arrow, but the damage was identical to the first one.