Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String fell off!!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String fell off!!

I had the same thing happen to My hoyt vortec. I didn't even draw it back. I went to go shooting one day, and the string was off of the bottom cam, and was barely holding the bow together. It was resting on the axle. I took it to the pro shop, and the bottom cam was all screwed up. The thing was like leaning to the right big time. I bought the bow brand new, and it was only 2 weeks old. It got sent back to hoyt and they fixed it. They tried saying I dry fired it, and they were refusing to fix it at first, but finally they did. I've never had a problem since. Maybe You have a cam leaning or something?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:55 AM

A friend of mine accidentally dry fired my Mathews and it came off the top cam.Luckily I was able to have it put back on and there was no damage to the bow except I never could get the peep sight to line back up. So I had to change peep sights and is all good now. Lesson learned, I don't let my friends "check out" my bow's anymore.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shot the bow and its still dead on at 30 yards. I was kinda iffy about shooting it, but I think its alright now. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:52 PM

The exact same thing happened to me. I was drwing back with my fingers for a pic with my 82nd, and the string just fell of the top cam when I let up. I put it back on with my fingers, which hurt like hell (no press). Then I posted the exact same question as you on huntingnet and archerytalk. It's fine. My bow is shooting perfectly as always. Nothing to worry about.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The drawing it back with the fingers points to the string being torqued at full draw and it simply jumped the groove. I've had it happen to a few bows of mine when I was younger and was a little over bowed.