Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The new GKF Power Drop

Old 04-05-2003, 12:09 PM

Default RE: The new GKF Power Drop

Range ...The launchers stay up to hold your arrow at all times
and then are pushed out of the way at the adjustable precise time by the POWER STROKE of the Bow.
Holding of the Arrow is the main NEGATIVE of other Fallaway Rests
The cradle launchers and New V launchers hold your arrow nice without the use
of a Arrow Holder.
Range you need to see and TRY one ,it is hard to show it by pictures.

GKF Tech

Old 04-05-2003, 12:12 PM

Range.. one more thing ,You are Right the Arrow Trap could be a Nice addition
..IF..
we could get that type of launcher to clear perfectly ?
Auto lok will work on the Power Drop.
Will try it.
Thanks GKF Tech
Old 04-07-2003, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stickemup or GKF Tec, does the cable slide hitting the plunger add any noise to the situation? Doe the launchers clear no matter the speed of the bow? On the release, for how many inches of travel is the rest still in contact with the shaft?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:26 AM

Rangeball,
The cable to plunger contact doesn' t seem to make any extra noise. Since it maintains contact with the cables after the shot, I would think it would help reduce any cable vibrations.

The speed of the bow shouldn' t matter at all. There are two different plunger rods and a couple of spacers to give the plunger rod a lot of adjustability. This rest should work well even on the bows with little cable slide travel. All I did was mount it so that the plunger was pushed in about a quarter of the way and never had to adjust the plunger rod any more.

You can adjust it to drop as soon or as late as you want. Since the cables don' t hit the plunger until the last instant, the prongs stay in the upright position for most of the power stroke and drop just before the fletchings get there.

I truly believe this rest is the best of both worlds. It basically works exactly like a typical prong style rest, but the prongs drop just before the fletchings can make any contact. SWWWEEEET!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 12:16 PM
CWB

Is there any chance that the rest will rise back up, before the arrow clears the bow? Since the cables are not touching the power drop at the end of the cam cycle what keeps the rest from popping back up and making fletching contact. Can this happen???
Old 04-08-2003, 06:14 AM

CWB,
I' m sure it could happen, but I haven' t seen this problem so far. If this did occur, I have no doubt that it could be adjusted out very easily. From what I' ve experienced myself and read from others, if you just mount it with a small amount of preload, it' ll work like a charm without further adjustment.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cwb I have ran about 500 shots through the PD so far and it has not happened yet. This rest is a nail driver all day long![8D]
Old 04-09-2003, 05:58 AM

I' ll second that BPS. I refletched my arrows with helical feathers and started cutting them up at 40 yards. I' m now group shooting at 48 yards to keep from damaging any more arrows. The PD on my 2002 MQ1 is just deadly accurate.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:54 PM

THE Sims Bumper helps to make the Power Drop extremely Silent .
GKF Tech[:-]
Old 04-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have well over 1000 shots through the PD with no Malfunctions or any readjustments the sims bumper also eleminates any wear to the buss cable
the PD is a very well thought out Design.
I will be using this one for a long time to come!!![:-]

Quick Reply: The new GKF Power Drop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.