Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fixed Blade Broadhead

Old 03-25-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Fixed Blade Broadhead

I have shot three deer in the past few seasons with mechanical broadheads, but last year I recovered my pass-through arrow to see that a blade had broken. I recovered the deer, and it appeared that the blade broke after it was through the deer, but it got me worried. I was shooting Shockwaves. I' m just wondering if mechanicals are the way to go, or should I go back to fixed blades. I shot my first deer with a Satellite fixed, it worked well. My bow is tuned, so that won' t be a problem. Any opinions?
Old 03-25-2003, 05:23 PM

Default RE: Fixed Blade Broadhead

Anyone at all?
Old 03-25-2003, 06:37 PM

If it' s working, I' d leave it alone. Fixed blades have been known to fail from time to time as well. It may be that particular head, or that brand.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it broke after a passthrough I dont think you have a problem . 5 Shot gave shockwaves a much higher preformance rateing than satilite heads . I belive he said he would never use a satilite head for hunting . here is a link to his page http://www.broadheadtests.com/ I like magnus heads and muzzy heads , have never personaly killed an animal with a mechanical but the guys I hunt with in Pa [big deer] swear by vortex minmax heads and I will say they work very well as I have seen them put down animals quickly with less than perfect hits . Its great to have you bow tuned where you can shot fixed heads very close to your feild tips , then you can shoot what ever you want .