Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Im about to give up

Old 11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Im about to give up

Here is the full pic

Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 PM

As far as draw length goes measure your wingspan from middle finger tip to middle finger tip then divide it by 2.5. Another thing to keep an eye on is when you release, does your elbow go straight back or does it drop? If it drops try not to drop it and kind of let flow straight back. Maybe you could benefit from a whole new setup if it's in your budget. You could probably go down to your archery shop and shoot one of the owners bows and see how your group is with that they usually have the latest greatest that's out. Just my 2 cents I hope it helps a little.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Find a new shop,your draw is too long.

If the bow can't be adjusted down,lose the loop and adjust your anchor up.(I would prefer a solid anchor withmy release hand on my jaw bone than the string across the corner of the mouth)A peep will also help with consistancy.You are also torquing the grip really bad.Just relax your hand and let your fingers relax and hang there.

It also looks like you may be using some really cheap carbon arrows which are not very consistant.If higher quality carbons are not an option,get some cheaper aluminums,their quality is hard to beat for the price.Just make sure the spine is correct.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Find a new shop,your draw is too long.

If the bow can't be adjusted down,lose the loop and adjust your anchor up.(I would prefer a solid anchor withmy release hand on my jaw bone than the string across the corner of the mouth)A peep will also help with consistancy.You are also torquing the grip really bad.Just relax your hand and let your fingers relax and hang there.

It also looks like you may be using some really cheap carbon arrows which are not very consistant.If higher quality carbons are not an option,get some cheaper aluminums,there quality is hard to beat for the price.Just make sure the spine is correct.
The MASTER hs spoken.....

I agree 100% with each and every thing said here. I might add that the LACK of a peep is probably your BIGGEST problem of all though because it just leaves so much INCONSISTENCY.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 AM

If you're that inconsistent I wouldn't be shooting the bow in the house. HA HA
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cave62

If you're that inconsistent I wouldn't be shooting the bow in the house. HA HA
lol.. I was shooting at a rat
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck