Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another question about drop aways

Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM

Default Another question about drop aways

I am looking at geting a drop away rest and have heard a lot of good things about a lot of them but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with The Wammy by SpotHogg. If so what are your opinions on them?

Thanx
Scrat
Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 PM

Default RE: Another question about drop aways

I tried a Whammy on my Marquis this spring, but i was unable to successfully time the prongs to clear my fletch. I tried everything I could, but I just couldn't time it quite right. I recently put on a Vital Gear Kaz Away which the local pro shop owner was familiar with, and put it on for me, no problem.

I would like to point out that I'm very much a novice, so it's likely my inexperience that I couldn't tune up the Whammy. Other than that, it definately was a solid, well constructed design and the support from SpotHogg was first rate. They bent over backwards to help me, including mail me different prong designs. I just couldn't figure it out. Good luck with the Whammy, I'm sure it's a great rest if you can get it set up!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Pretty much anything that Spot Hogg makes is top quality stuff.
That being said, I have heard of some people that have had issues setting up the Whammy. Including some notes from Spot Hogg themselves saying that it will not work with some bows.

I would recomend that you take a look at the Vapor Trail Limb Driver. It simply is the easiest drop away I have ever set up, and has not needed any adjustments with respect to timing in over 2 years.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO,the Whammy is the best rest on the market.As far as I know,the only bow it doesn't work on is the Vectrix,which is stated on their website.

It provides maiximum quidance and clears the fletching at the very last second.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2946224&mpage=1&key=whammy&# 2946224
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM

Thanx for the responses. I decided to hunt this year(my first year ever hunting deer) with the WiskerBisquit. Come spring I will get the Whammy.