Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sight pin trouble!

Old 03-22-2003, 08:41 PM

Default sight pin trouble!

i was readjusting the sites on my bow. it was dead on with alumins but i just had it cranked up 10 pounds and switched to carbons. so of course my pins were off. as i tried to adjust them today in order to get my ten yard pen or even at fifteen yards the pin is at the very top of my cobra site. is there a way to bring them back down toward the middle of the site or do i just have to deal with it? would i just slide the pins to the bottom and start over? probably a very simple yes or no answer but i just can' t seem to figure it out>
Old 03-22-2003, 09:20 PM

Default RE: sight pin trouble!

If your site window is at its highest point and your 1st pin is at its highest point, the easiest way to get it down is to move your peep down. This means changing your anchor a little but to shoot the higher speed of carbons you have to change something. I had the same problem and moved my peep down 1/4" and my pins came down @1" . If you don' t like that idea you can go back to a heavier aluminum or add point weight. Hope this helps. Chris
Old 03-23-2003, 07:14 AM

If your site is like the Cobra I use, the pins have there own location channel/channels, to adjust the pins within the site window.

If your pins are as high as they will go, then you need to adjust the site itself.

There is up/down and side to side adjustments to the site.

As when your left and right adjusting, there is a similar adjustment to make the site go up and down.

One of my bows has a small sight window. I bought it used and don' t see how the previous user shot it with the peep so high.

Sometimes if you have a small sight window, the peep will need to be moved closer to you nocking point.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:56 PM
nub

There should be 2 allen head screws that will allow you to remove the bracket that contains your pins. Re-install the bracket higher and move your pins down into the middle.