Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Extreme Sniper Sight

Old 03-21-2003, 07:02 PM

Default Extreme Sniper Sight

Anyone have any experience with this sight? Good or bad. Looks well constructed. Also, just got my new copy of Petersen' s Bowhunting and there is an add for their new Dusk Devil sight. Looks very impressive in the add. Would like to see one in person. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Extreme Sniper Sight

I have a Extreme Sniper sight and use it for hunting only right now,but might be changing to these for 3-D also.They are very well constructed,and are easy to adjust.I have the set with .029 pins and have NO problems seeing them.I would recomend these to anyone who is looking for a verygood sight for hunting or 3-D shooting.I havn' t seen the add for the new models yet,so I cannot comment on them.Good luck.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:16 PM
CR

I just bought one a week ago and I must say I think it' s great. I got the .019 pins and so far I like the small pins. It' s a very solid built sight and the design is great.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:42 AM

I have had one for about a month now. An EXCELLENT sight. I have used the vertical pins and traditional horizontal fiber optics. This is by far my favorite sight. I got the small .019 pins. Very sturdy and the pins are fairly bright considering the short length of fiber optic material.

Three things I like about the sight

!. very well constructed. The material is and workmanship is great. All parts fit together well and are rock solid when tight. The sight has a round housing to hold the pins. The whole housing has vertical and horizontal adjustments. The pins also have vertical adjustment individually.

2. Small pin option. I like the option for the smaller pins. It really helps in picking a single spot to aim at. Makes me aim harder ( if that makes sense).

3. The options to install a rearward facing light. The Extreme company makes an accessory for the sight. On the front of the sight is a hole that accepts the screw in accesory light. The light is blue and faces the bow. This allows you to turn on the light, light the pins, and the light shines away from the deer.

The only criticism

1. The sight does not have a good incremental adjustment guide for the pins. In other words, when you undo the allen screw to move each individual pin you have to move it with out any reference marks. Of course this how alot of sights are so I donn' t see this as a major problem.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:21 PM

Buckskin, do you find the brightness of the pins to be a problem? I put one on my LX and the pins seemed, at the time, not to be as bright as I would like. I certainly agree, though, that this is one of the best constructed sights I' ve ever seen.