Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Short or Long Arm TT for Bowtech 03 PAt

Old 03-21-2003, 08:38 AM

Default Short or Long Arm TT for Bowtech 03 PAt

Gonna by me one of them dang Shakey hunters today

I would like the launcher to lay on shelf, as little overdraw as possible.

Any info to another boring question would be great
Old 03-21-2003, 08:58 AM

Default RE: Short or Long Arm TT for Bowtech 03 PAt

The short arm will work for about every bow. I have the long arms on my bows and they all stick out the front. Go woth the short. Bowjunkie
Old 03-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rack,
I put a TT Shakey Hunter on my 03' Dually Patriot, and if you set your centershot up properly using a gauge you will quickly realize that the Shakey Hunter' s arrow cradle (launcher) will NOT lay flat on your arrow shelf.
The blades are too wide, and due to the narrow shelf with a wide slope you will have to mount the rest so that the launcher is just slightly behind the entire arrow shelf completely off of the riser. I have the long arm version (which I suggest) as it gives you more options.
Don' t let that deter you from using this rest, mine is working flawlessly without the cradle resting on my arrow shelf.
The normal TT' s launcher does lay flat on the BowTech arrow shelves.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:58 PM

thanks for the replies!!

Matt,

I suspected the cradle may hit, and figured I could sand down the inside fin to make it fit. What do you think about this??? I hope this is O.K. because the short arm is on the way[]. But I do understand what you are saying.

I really want it over the shelf ,for both the overdraw aspect and the broadhead aspect.

Thanks, as always
Old 03-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rack,
I have mine in front of me right now and after REALLY looking at it I don' t think " Filing" the right side of the launcher will be necessary.........It looks like it will probably sit OK. The arms of the launcher actually have an upward " sweep" to them and it' s gonna be close, but that right one might not contact the riser at all.
Not sure if I' m explaining it well enough..........even if the center of the launcher is laying flush on the arrow shelf, the arms of the cradle will still be raised up a bit because of that sweep.
I think you might be OK. (I have mine tuned and I' m not moving it to check! )
Where I have mine is just BARELY off the edge of the shelf.........in this position the natural built in " Low" point of the launcher travel brings everything ,arm tips and all, below the height of the shelf. Yours will just have them sticking up a bit because of the natural built in curve.....but i doubt they will interfere.

Also.......even if you have to mount the cardle back off the shelf just a tiny bit, don' t worry about the " Overdraw Effect" at all. Who says that you have to cut your arrows right to the end of your arrow launcher? If you shoot the same arrows that you were planning on shooting with the launcher on the shelf there is no concern at all.........the tip of the arrow is still gonna be in the same exact spot at full draw. And these drop away rests don' t behave like the old static prong style overdraws in a rearward position anyway.

If you bought the short armed version then all of this is probably moot anyway, because I don' t think that you' ll be able to get it back far enough to be off the shelf anyway.

So bottom line of all this babbling is that I think you are gonna be " OK" [8D] You' ll just have the tips of the launcher sticking up a bit ,but they should be well out of the way.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:55 PM

Thanks again Matt!!!!

We will see in a few days

I will let you know how it turns out
Old 03-23-2003, 10:18 AM

For you guys using the TT at what point in the draw does your arrow lift? Closer to the initaial draw or the end? I' m assuming this would be the same point it should fall at.

Cb
Old 03-24-2003, 09:54 PM

Rack attack did you ever get your TT and did it work? looking to get the same setup asap. write back please thanks Beav
Old 03-25-2003, 07:18 AM

beav - It is due to arrive the 27th

I may do a little review