Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newb Question

Old 10-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Default Newb Question

OK guys I have a question. I am brand new to archery, this is my first bow and I got it a few weeks ago.I was looking at the vid clip by LeEarl on walk back tuning. Of coarse I have already sighted in my bow oblivious to tuning a bow. So my sights, which is Team Extreme 4 pin, are way to the right. I was looking at my bow today and I was wondering if the string should be in line with the Whisker Biscuit hole. If so mine is WAY off.

If it is supposed to be in line with the hole should I set my sights back to center and do a walk back tune. Keep in mind I don't have paper to shoot through at this time. I am just looking to get a start on this whole tuning thing.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanx
Scrat [/align]
Old 10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newb Question

Here is the easiest way to start from scratch....

Nock an arrow on your string just like you were about to shoot it. Put your bottom cam on your toe and look OVER your bow.... down to your feet. A decent starting point is to have your arrow line up dead center with your limb bolts and stabilizer hole. Move the whisker buscuit in or out until its lined up dead center with the limb bolts and stabilizer stud hole... its usually about center... I know a few pro's who "eye ball" tune bows this way... like I said.... its a good as any starting point.... not always (or heck more not than so) right on.... you gotta shoot the thing.

Once you have done that... if you are right handed and shoot with one eye closed... line the pins up with the string and arrow.... thats bow-bore-sighting 101... if you shoot with both eyes open (like you should) then have the pins typically just LEFT of the string.... reverse if you are a lefty.

Hopefully this didn't confuse you more... shoot me a PM if you are totally lost.

Best of luck.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Newb Question

Thank you SwampCollie. I understand. I will be doing it first thing tommorow.