Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2 Cams vs 1 Cam

Old 03-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 Cams vs 1 Cam

My bow has two cams. I started shooting longer targets this past weekend, about 20-30 yards, some maybe a little less. I was suprised by some of the shots, they were accurate (for a beginner LOL). Its very quiet too. I' m going out again this weekend (hopefully) and do some more practice with my bow. Thanks for all the info guys, and didn' t realize all the differences between the 2.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Good topic and posts by all, but I must disagree with some points made. Masking effect? I shoot a 65% let off solo cam, and it doesn' t bother me in the least. After starting out with a Browning Compound Hunter at close to 25% letoff, and shooting 40% to 50% letoff bows most of my life, shooting anything at 65% is easy.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my point being, how much less accurate is a one compared to a two overall. A quarter inch a.m.o.a. A half inch. Big deal. Anytime you set up a hunting bow its a compromise. A compromise between accuracy, ease of use, and fragility.
Good point fletch. I agree with pinwheel also, but what you said hit' s the nail on the head. I have and shoot both, and for hunting situations, it' s really six of one, half dozen of the other. It' s funny how many things in life come full circle. A decade ago, when the solo bandwagon was hot, many folks preached against duallys. Now in the last 2-3 years, it' s flip flopped again. I guess for the super technical shooter, that makes a living shooting, there may be advantages with one over the other. For those of us just hitting the woods and the occasional 3d, use what you like and are comfortable with, whether dual, solo, or other. The degree of difference is relatively minor.