Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

freefall Rest - anyone use/used one?

Old 09-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default freefall Rest - anyone use/used one?

http://www.freefallrest.com/

Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: freefall Rest - anyone use/used one?

I don't have the FreeFall, but the older Trapdoor. I think I've had it for about 4 years and it's on it's sixth bow. I started using it for 3D only, but then everybody went crazy with this drop away craze so I stuck it on a hunting bow and went back to a lizard tongue for 3D. I put moleskin on the launcher to make it more quiet on the draw. It does make a bit of rattle because there are internal moving parts, but no more noise than most other drop away rests. Best thing I like about it is that there isn't some cheap cord to activate it so there are never any timing issues. I can adjust the sensitivity on mine---not sure about the FreeFall.

I will tell you the one problem I'm having with it right now. I've got more draw weight than I can comfortably handle (working though some medical problems) and when the bow rolls into the wall too hard it does sometimes drop from too much vibration. When I draw smoothly everything is OK. So just consider that you have to be able to control the draw cycle, which you should anyway. For hunting season I'll just drop a couple turns off the limbs and be happy.