Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow building walkthrough

Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Arrow building walkthrough

I'm gonna start doing my own arrows after the season and want to get an idea what all the process entails. So I'm looking for an arrow build walkthrough or tutorial of sorts that I can see (visual learner - I must see to understand) Anyone know of one online, anyone want to post up the process for all of us to see?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow building walkthrough

I'll do it. I have some shafts at home that I can do some work on. It may be a few days before I can get started. Work is crazy and my wife is fixin to go out of town for a few days. I'll try topostpics and a build alongon Thursday morning. In the mean time I'll get an informative link and PM it to you.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I'll do it. I have some shafts at home that I can do some work on. It may be a few days before I can get started. Work is crazy and my wife is fixin to go out of town for a few days. I'll try topostpics and a build alongon Thursday morning. In the mean time I'll get an informative link and PM it to you.

That link was pretty good. Clear, easy to follow, very informative. I'm looking forward to seeing yours now
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Spike

im also interested in building my own arrows.. if possible could i get that link as well.. also would like to see yours txjourneyman when you get it done..thanks
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll do it. I have some shafts at home that I can do some work on.
Greg.

There for a minute I thought ya was gonna say I could do it

Guys honestly it is not that hard to make up arrows unless you are going to make wood arrows

Just start with the full lenght shaft and cut equal amountsfrom BOTH ends, make sure the ends are square, glue in the inserts push the nock in and fletch.

If you are like me once you cut them I check them on my spin tester and again after they are finished.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not much to it. Get a jig and a saw and go. The hard part if you will is deciding on what to use. Only you can decide that. I've found most everything will work,anda great deal of everything is just hype for what ever reason. I think there's a pile of people selling things.

One things for sure you can separate the wheat from the chaff and build an arrow that will be the best for your particular setup providing you can afford to experiment.[8D]
Old 09-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres the link. http://www.bowhunting.com/publish/posts/2/building-your-own-arrows.aspx
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

Guys honestly it is not that hard to make up arrows unless you are going to make wood arrows
Even then its not all that hard!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is a nice DVD about building arrows:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=425_214&products_id=753 2
Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys I have a house full of refugees from Houston. I won't get a chance to do a build along for a couple of weeks. My office/bowshop is now a guest room. We have 6 friends that will be staying for about 2 weeks or until electricity and water are restored to their homes.

Quick Reply: Arrow building walkthrough

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.