Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD question? This normal wear?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default QAD question? This normal wear?

the rest is shooting great but it seems my fps dropped a little(6-8fps). I noticed on the rest itself you can see where somethings grazing the groves up the rest to the prongs/felt. Here is a picture to show the contact. The arrows seem to fly straight and its no wacking sound. Its not hitting the top bar either since I tried the chalk on that. From what I can tell, it must be the actaul arrow rubbing before it drops all the way? I just wanted to make sure this is normal. Its just slight rubbing(no gashes). Im shooting blazers if that matters but I dont see any chalk marks on the rest which makes me think its the arrow. All the lines line up so i know its dropping since it sounds normal on the shot.

btw, photo is of the extra shorter one and not the one im using on the bow. Just had that handy for a picture. The red lines show where I see the whiteish wearing.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: QAD question? This normal wear?

I noticed the same thing on my QUAD, and i shoot blazers too. I sprayed down the whole back of my arrow and fletchings with dollar store foot powder spray to confrim they are not making contact. I can't explain it. Maybe someone else can.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

I think I found my issue.. I chrono'ed as soon as I got the rest put on and it averaged 272fps. Started noticing the whiteish marks after that and my chrono speeds drooped to 240 average[:'(]I called the place that put mine on and they said move the cable up the bow string towards the rest more to create slack, but then adjust the cableat the HDto make sure the marks line back up. I had mine served on, so i cut the serving off and went to the cable attachment that comes with the kit. Put that on loose and drew the bow back. Everything set itself into place. I tightened it back down and chronoed.. First shot was 274, then 272, but 272 was my average again. The tech said it probably wasnt dropping fast enough, so moving the cable back up the bow string a tad causes it to load later, but drop quicker.Thus dropping it about 2inches faster. Knock on wood but mines shooting good again. I see how it does this week, but hopefully its fixed. I dont wanna tinker all season long with this. I have the biscuit for backup though LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Crazy-I recently had to look into a similar issue w/ the QAD. I never had a problem w/ the rest on my 05 Switchback, but recently put it on a HCA Speed Force(faster bow) and notice fletching contact. I checked out QAD's website and there were some recommendations on the site as to how to set the timing. You may want to check out there website if the problem persists.
Good luck.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

I moved the cable attachment down the string some which helped, but I also cranked up the bow to 70 pounds just to see what the FPS maxed out wasand I couldnt get her to clear the rest at all. I know with the settings it would have been in the low 300's, but no matter what i did at 70 pounds it wouldnt clear. Back down to 60 and its clearing fine though. im still going with 3inch vanes now to help. Its a nice rest, just takes a while to adjust.

I only plan on shooting 60pounds anyway so its working fine for me now