Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabalizers

Old 03-16-2003, 10:24 PM

Default Stabalizers

Im the proud new owner of an Extreme VFT. I am curently shooting with a Vibracheck Isolator stabalizer around 9 1/2" . I am fairly new to archery and havent much experience to compare to and I am wondering how well this stabalizer stacks up to the compatition. I have read alot of good things about several different stabalizers but have not seen anything online about the vibracheck. This is the one the my dealer recomends and shoots on his VFT so I bought it but Im wondering if it might be worth the money to change in the future.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Stabalizers

ExVFT - Welcome to the boards!!

The Isolator is IMO a great Stab! - I own a few myself.

The larger size that you have will completely deaden that VFT, but IMO is a little to much weight on the front end for the VFT, or the Pat. These bows set up a little top heavy and are so recoil / vibration free that your stab may be a bit overkill

I have the small 4-1/2" isolator in the front and a small Sims ring in the rear hole on my ' 03 Pat and it balances great for me.

If you like the feel of the heavy stab on the vft than you have a great set up.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I think it is heavier than it needs to be but it shoots well. I still have the hush kit and vibra blocks on the bow and was wondering what you would recommend for quieting it down. I figure the hush kit has to go, probly replace it with wiskers im not sure I want to mess with string leaches. Any recomendations?
Old 03-17-2003, 05:51 PM

Well, the String Leech' s are the best silencers out there for your string, atleast, in my opinion. They get such a bad wrap for nothing. I had the same pair on my 2002 Hoyt MT Sport, shooting 244 f.p.s., for SEVERAL THOUSAND SHOTS. Yes, thousands. There durability is VARY underestimated. One thing is that I didn' t serve mine into the string. They lastest ALONG time. Their results are amazing at worst. These things work so well that I don' t know if anything better will ever come along. Also, these were the first leech' s that I was using, not the new ones, which are made to be much more durable. Try them, you won' t be disappointed, plus, they don' t slow your bow down as much as most other string silencers.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:31 PM

I have a tranquilizer on my Extreme VFT & am very happy with it. It isn' t as heavy as the vibracheck which in my opinion is a great stabilizer too. Really you need to try several models out & see what you like the best!

Good Luck & Enjoy That New Bow!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:28 PM

I also have a tranquilizer on my VFT and love it. Just pick what ever shoots and feels comfortable to you.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

You might also want to try some of the Sims stabilizers/stabilizer enhancer setups. I have primarily been using the Enhancer 2000/regular enhancer combo but would also like to try the new modular unit which would allow you to adjust weight.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the replys. I was wrong my stabalizer is the 7 1/2" . I didnt have it to look at when I posted. Since I dont have the money to do alot of experimenting right now and it sounds like the Vibracheck is in the running for performance Ill probly just keep this one for a while. Thanks for all the help!