Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

LOC-ON Spirit TreeStand

Old 03-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Spike

Default LOC-ON Spirit TreeStand

I have a Loc-on Spirit model, can anyone tell me where i can buy a new seat, the cloth was eaten up by a pesky squirrel. I am a new member and appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks Gary
Old 03-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: LOC-ON Spirit TreeStand

I thought I heard somewhere that Loggy bought out Loc-on. You might want to check it out. I' ve had that happen to me too on my API and I just bought some camo material from a fabric store and fixed myself. I traced the old seat onto the cloth and my wife doubled it up and sewed it back on. I' ve even doulded up the cushion and wrapped plastic around the pad on some other stands then re-did the seat cloth as well. It' ll work if you can' t find a new cloth

Almost forgot! Welcome to the board
Old 03-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

LocOn was bought out by Loggy Bayou.....the last time I checked a few months ago, Loggy did not have any spare parts. I have several LocOn stands with those cloth seats and what I did was replace them with a rigid seat made from plywood. It makes sitting in those things much nicer.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Spike

Thanks alot for the info, I did find a canvas camo fabric from a surplus store in Wichita and i will attempt to get it sown back together, also for all you treestand hunters that use lock on, i have found that foam pipe insulation fits around the seat support pipe real nice for extra cushion, and mended with cloth tape. I have 2 loc-on spirit stands and have a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that they are very stable and safe, especially with the chain. The only thing i don' t like is they sit too close to the tree i am working on that one. Thanks again for your help. Gary
Old 03-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

LocOn was bought out by Loggy Bayou.....the last time I checked a few months ago, Loggy did not have any spare parts. I have several LocOn stands with those cloth seats and what I did was replace them with a rigid seat made from plywood. It makes sitting in those things much nicer.
I have a Limit and agree the seat comfort leaves much to be desired. I' d be interested in knowing how you improved the seat.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

The only thing i don' t like is they sit too close to the tree i am working on that one. Thanks again for your help. Gary
I like the pipe foan and will add it. Would you keep me posted in what you do to move away from the tree.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Spike

Richard i am building a device out of aluminum that will let me have 8 to 12 inches of freedom from the tree that way you can have a little comfort at the lower back and you can use a back rest, and the extra space for storage. Also the pipe foam should be used for the straight aluminum pipe also. Discard the rubber as it makes noise, try twisting it you will see, and the pipe foam will not make noise.