Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tropy Ridge Dropzone

Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 AM
TE

Default Tropy Ridge Dropzone

I just ordered a new Hoyt Katera XL and am thinking of trying the TR Dropzone rest. Does anyone have any yeas or nays on this rest. I had a Hoyt Trykon XL and used the Whisker Biscuit for several years. Recently I tried the QAD Pro Ultra Rest HD and always seemed to have fletching clearance problems with the containment arm no matter which launcher arm I tried. I was shooting Gateway 4" feathers and Blazer vanes. The QAD is a great rest and I'm not bashing it at all but never seemed to be able to eliminate the clearance problem. Thanks. TE.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tropy Ridge Dropzone

I have them on both of my bows and they do what they are designed to do. It has been a real good rest for me, I have never had any issues with noise (by design) and you won't have any clearance issue with it. IMO you can't go wrong with it!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 AM
TE

Thanks for the reply TexasBowHunter. I have heard alot of good comments about the Dropzone.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have the same rest as well and I love it. Works as advertised and no clearance issues whatsoever......
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Spike

you can't go wrong with this rest! Have had mine a little over a year now with no problems at all!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's an excellent rest for your Hoyt. I have used TR DZ's onseveral Hoytrigs of the last several years and I have never had a single issue with them. An excellent hunting rest, you'll love it.

All that being said however, I have since found an even better rest I like for hunting applications. The QAD Ultra-rest HD Pro Series has everything you could want in a hunting rest. The only issues you could have with the DZ's have been addressed with the QAD. I love the total containment of the QAD much better and the adjustments from rest movements to cord adjustments are also more impressive. I'd also take a serious look at the QAD as well. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 PM

I like the Dropzone and I've got one on my X Force. However, with the Vulcan and Katera I owned, I prefered the Trophy Taker Pronghorn. The cord on the Dropzone made contact with the riser bridge on Hoyt; the TT Pronghorn did not.Dropzone maywork fine on Hoyt, but I did not like that contact.