Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Zone Rest

Old 03-15-2003, 10:47 AM

Default Drop Zone Rest

Getting a new LX, when they finally get here, and was considering the Drop Zone fall away rest. Anyone have any experience with this particular rest and how it stacks up against other fall aways. The new Trap Door looks interesting as well. Thanks for any comments.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop Zone Rest

I have heard some not so good things about the Dropzone rest.
from what I understand is that the inner workings of the rest is string and it has a tendancy of coming undone.

Take a look at the GKF Power Drop this is the one to get

Old 03-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

I do not believe the Drop Zone will work on an LX since there is no movement in the cables.

I have heard nothing but great things about the Drop Zone.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

On another forum, there was a guy who described the problem that BPS talked about, but as far as I know, it was just one guy.

I saw two of them on ebay this morning $79.99 and 89.99 Buy it Now. They both looked like the auction would expire without a bid.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:11 PM

I to have heard of some problems with the Drop Zone, and I to would also suggest a Golden Key rest. The Tech support that we all receive on all these forums and the excellent customer service makes the choice to use GK products an easy one. I am also looking forward to buying a new LX. I think I will proably be using the GKF Hunter Elite. I seen one at the local shop and it was a very nice rest. If I decide on a fallaway that will probably be the way I go. BUT, I also really liked the Arrow Trap and after seeing how easily it tuned, I would also like to try one of these. I guess I' ll decide when/if I get a Legacy.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:09 PM

Bigpapascout - the Power Drop will not work on any of the Mathews bows with the rollar guard.

mq man50 - Sorry but I really know very little abou tthis rest. I did see them at the ATA show but have never shot one. I am sure their are a few people on these forums that can help you out.

Handy Andy - from my understanding th Hunter Elite' s are ready to start shipping any day now.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:20 AM

OB, what rest would you recommend for the new LX? Like the benefits of the fall away type, but doesn' t mean I' m stuck on it. Since I don' t have the bow yet, I' m open to try anything. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:42 AM

mq man50 - check your e-mail.

Old 03-16-2003, 06:33 PM

I had a post on here about a week ago about some trouble with the drop zone. The cord had come undone inside the rest. I was dissapointed at first but with one email to TR I had the problem fixed by next day air. The president emailed me back and admitted that since I got one of the first rests his workers could have easily not domed the cord well enough. Never have I been so happy with customer service. I am shooting the drop zone on a mathews legacy and it really is awesome. I never new it was possible to shoot this accurate, especially me. You flat out cannot hear the rest drop. I don' t think you go wrong with this rest.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:56 PM

sd

i was thinking of using this rest myself on my backup bow ... what causred the cord to come out!!!! i have dealt with trophy ridge and can agree they do stand behind their products..... so they sent you another one?

Quick Reply: Drop Zone Rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.