Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OH MYY GOD! ANOTHER BOW REPORT????

Old 01-23-2002, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OH MYY GOD! ANOTHER BOW REPORT????

akbowhunter, I presume it's for the 2001 BK2 right? Email me your address and I'll see to it you get one I've got a couple extra. Some folks are putting a piece of electrical tape under the grip and it snugs it right up. The 2002 manual is supposed to be better than before. Even more detailed and very in depth as to how to set up the Infinty cam.. Email me at [email protected] TTYL, Pat

Edited by - BowTech_Shooter on 01/23/2002 07:40:38
Old 01-23-2002, 08:05 AM

Hey Big John,
There is no way I will give up a pierogie dinner for any bow. I don't care if it's made out of gold.
Polack
Old 01-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Folks,

Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you to answer questions, I've been busy as heck at work this week.

Stodr,
I'm in NY state (unfortunately, I'd rather be back home in VA). And I have checked out the Loesch webpage. A winewood low or medium grip is my next purchase.

Rangeball,

I was aware of the BT cam that Diamond is using. I was under the impression that originally BT was using Diamond's machine-shop when they were being built in Loiusiana, but as demand grew they setup their own operation back in Oregon. I suspect Bowtech Shooter has the better scoop than I though.

BTShooter,

Thanx for the compliment, and for clarifying a few things like the composition of the bushings, and the ebony grip (too bad though, Ebonywood makes fantastic Longbow risers, I'm sure it would make a fantastic grip)

Randy,

Just call me stupid? As I had said previously, the MM tended to float around a bit much for my tastes when the ranges started getting 30 yards and past. This past year I had a new property to hunt that would make 30-35 yard shots a reality, so I opted to sell it to try something else, even though I would have rather kept it (as Matt said, I had to sell a toy to buy another). Since going to the Infinity cam, a different release style, and shortening the draw length a bit, I'm finding it steadier to hold at 30 yards. Thanx for the FYI on the serving wear w/ the Infinity cam, I'll keep on the lookout for it.

AK,

That seems to be problem w/ the BT models, albeit easily fixed. My 2000 ES has that problem, and so have both my MMs. I've fixed it by putting a thin strip of sight window pad (either neoprene style, or moleskin) on the spine of the riser, and then putting the grip back on. Not one problem since.

ALL,

Zipped my 352 grain Goltip 3D pro 55/75 through the chronograph last night: 297fps. Again at 71 Lbs, 28 1/8" draw length, 7.25" brace height, leeches, loop, and tru-peep. Since that is not exactly 5 grains, you can shave off 1 fps.

For comparison's sake at appx. 28"-29" AMO draw lengths here are some bows I have owned or still own, shot through the same chrongraph:

2000 Bowtech Extreme Solo Option 2. 7" brace, 61 Lbs . 28 3/4" AMO draw (28",65% module) bare string except for brass nock, shot 295 FPS w/ a 307 grain(ACC 3-28 IIRC) arrow.

1995 Darton Hurricane w/ MKII cams, *5 1/2" brace*, 55% letoff, 28" AMO draw at 5 grains per Lb at 299-300 FPS w/ a tied in nock, eliminator, and tru-peep(my 3D bow for a very brief time way back when).

2001 Hoyt HyperTec: 28 5/8" draw length (28" Redline cam),70 Lbs,6 1/8" brace height w/ leeches, a sherz-a-peep, and same PSE loop shot the same exact arrow at 292 FPS.

2002 Hoyt HavocTec: 69 Lbs 7-7/8" brace. Excel cam. I cannot find where I wrote down the exact draw length for this bow, IIRC it was right around 29" AMO (you can check my report of a few weeks back). Same exact string stuff as the MM. I shot the 3D Pro through the chrono at 275 FPS.

I'm having some difficulty getting accurate data for my Q2. Although on the HavocTec my chrono matched up to a higher quality model at the shop I bought the bow from, speeds are not matching up on my Q2, even w/ a fresh battery in mine. When I figure it out, you folks will be the first to know.

JeffB