Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Paper Tuning the Spot Hogg Whammy

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Default Paper Tuning the Spot Hogg Whammy

I bought a Whammy, supposed to be the fastest drop away out there. I have been having issues while trying to paper tune it. I am using a Reflex Buckskin, Cam and a half system set at ~67 lbs. My center shot should be correct, maybe 1/8 inch high on the string. The rest is timed properly, at least from what I can tell. I am shooting at 5 ft. I can geta nearly perfect hole with an upward tear. If I go up or down with the rest, the tear just gets bigger. I was wandering what the issues may be with this. Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Paper Tuning the Spot Hogg Whammy

1 cam timing
2 tiller adjustments
Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM

I am having a similar issue w/ my Whammy...I am definitely getting contact b/c my arrows no matter how the rest is adjusted or the timing is adjusted keep hitting my right prong.

I can see the extra wear on the teflon and I have tried everything from new arrows to changing center shot incase center shot is off at draw.

I have play w/ spine and I have played with tiller. My cam timing is fine. I am beginning to think it is the rest. I am putting on either my hostage or WB to see if I have similar problems or not. I have even adjusted grip, and tried to torque the bow in various positions just to keep different impact. No luck.

Bowboy let me know the solution to your problem in case I can apply it to myself. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowboy,it sounds like a spine issue but I would check for contact first.I always try a bareshaft through paper to eliminate contact from my setup and then check a fletched arrow.

I have a Whammy and I have zero contact issues and think it is one of the simplest rest to setup and tune.

I believe some have had to use different prongs than what the Whammy came out with orginally.The prongs have been redesigned but I don't have issues with the old ones.

Did you measure down 1 1/4" from the cable guard at full draw and mark the up cable and put the cord in there?

Go to there website and watch the video.It shows you how to time it once you have measured down 1 1/4" at full draw. http://www.watchtheoutdoors.com/showcase/hunting/spot_hogg.html

Does it look like this?