Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWTECH CHOICES ?

Old 03-14-2003, 02:25 AM

Default BOWTECH CHOICES ?

OK GUY' S THE 2002 PATRIOT SC IS GOING DOWN THE ROAD SO NOW IT' S TIME TO GET A NEW ONE. I DON' T KNOW IF I WANT THE PATRIOT DC OR EXTREME VFT OR THE BK II SO HOW BOUT SO INPUT . I KNOW THERE IS ALOT OF YOU GUYS HAVE THESE .KIND OF WANTING TO GET BACK IN TO A DC .BUT THE EXTREME VFT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. THANKS RANDY
Old 03-14-2003, 05:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH CHOICES ?

Ok, Randy, I' ll bite!!

My vote is for the VFT, but then again I' m partial.

The Patriot SC is just like a VFT in my view, except it has a shorter brace height. I think the VFT also feels a little better in hand as well. FYI, my 70 lb, 29" shoots 367 grains at 306, with all the hunting stuff on the string.

I' ve never tried a BKII, but I did test the Patriot DC. I did not like the valley of the DC, but other than that, it was a super bow.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:05 AM

My Extreme VFT is prouducing 303-304 at 30" draw, 70lbs and a 377 grain arrow.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:09 AM

MY dual cam Patriot, is shooting 296fps with a 329gr arrow at 65lbs. 27.75" draw, peep and string loop on string. I too am contemplating a new bowtech in target a color, either the bk or patriot both with dual cams.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:30 AM

what are you using the bow for.... I talked to a Bow Tech rep. said as for me (strictly hunting) the Extreme VFT would be better, for 3-d the Patriot, I don' t want the Patriot Dually for hunting because of the valley and quick let-off for holding for a shot for a deer so for me for just hunting it was PAtroit single cam or Extreme and rep talked me into the Extreme, no sand traps/lighter and alot of extras this year for the price.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:29 PM

camp rut - it is hard to say which one for hunting. you really need to shoot them all then make up your mind. some guys like the longer bows like the pro 40 for hunting while others are mad about their Mighty Mites. Shoot them all 7 then pick the one that feels best!

Good Luck

Old 03-17-2003, 09:24 PM

My choice would be the Pro 38.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have got the Pat Dually and I have been using for both hunting and 3d.
I will tell you that as far as hunting goes this thing has got some clout mine is only a 60lb with a 28" draw.
On the string I have got a peep,cats whiskers,magnock reciever,2 tied in nocks and a string loop with a 345gr arrow it is doing 281fps and with a 310gr arrow it is doing 292fps.
I do use a slightly heavier arrow for hunting 370gr' s and the power it puts out is unbelieveable and it is deadly accurate.

I am thinking really hard about getting the Pro40 Dually in target colors for 3d just have to some how either tell the wife or sneak it into the house.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:52 PM

Wow, Ausie-Guy sounds like you are pushing the marriage commitment hehe, I know I would be!! Good luck from a fellow Pat shooter..
Old 03-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think I would go with the Extreme VFT as well. The only thing putting it out of my " ideal bow" category is the brace height....though it is only in the marginal not the extreme category in this regard.

Quick Reply: BOWTECH CHOICES ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.