Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38 ****UPDATE*****

Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38

Get some Barnsdale limbs, and be DONE with it!!! Best $150 you could spend ona Bowtech!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Spike

when i bought the bow in 2003, i had the 70lb limbs. after the first ones splintered, i got a set of new ones (not sure what poundage) but after getting them home i noticed a crack near the axle after fully inspecting the bow. my wife had picked it up for me and i didn't expect her to find any flaws. after bringing those back, i then again got new ones. only this time the shop or bowtech decided to get 60 lb limbs. well i'm assuming they were 60 lb because i all they would crank up to was 66lbs.
anyways, i shoot just about 63 lbs and i have a 400 grain blackhawk vapor arrow.
i had told the shop today (i am using a different shop this time) that i am not very happy being this the 3rd set of limbs in 5 years. and i would have to say that since getting the last new set, i shot only about 500 shots out of it before this incident. that is ridiculous to me that it cracked with so few shots.
do you guys think i should call bowtech personally and not let just the shop talk to them?
my previous bow, which now is my backup, (1993 proline new wave) has well over 10,000 shots out of it and its still going strong.
i actually just set it back up tonight just incase i don't get my bowtech back before the fall bow season.
i'll keep you posted.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at your 2nd and 3rd pictures it appears thatthe limb pivots (rockers) were left out by whoever made the repairs; this willresult in broken limbs.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Spike

i guess i'll have to keep an eye out for that when i pick my bow up next. you wouldn't happen to have a pic of what the rockers are supposed to look like would you (bowtech shooter)???
Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The photo quality isn't very good but here you go. Without these installed the limbs will without a doubt crack/break as yours did.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great catch Pat. There ya have it.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a dealer issue to me. Hopefully Bowtech will stand behind its dealers mistakes.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Spike

i spoke with my shop today about my bow. he said he called bowtech and they are sending out new limbs and new aluminum rockers. he said something about the original rockers not being made out of alumimun and this is an upgrade for the bow. he said that the upgrade will alleviate the cracking problem. now i just have to wait until they ship out and the shop puts everything back together.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kjclark7

i spoke with my shop today about my bow. he said he called bowtech and they are sending out new limbs and new aluminum rockers. he said something about the original rockers not being made out of alumimun and this is an upgrade for the bow. he said that the upgrade will alleviate the cracking problem. now i just have to wait until they ship out and the shop puts everything back together.
I'd still like to know if what has already been said anout the missing (?) rockers is true or not.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope it gets fixed right for you , those pro 38s are such nice bows , in the past bowtech has been very good to me .

Quick Reply: Another Cracked Limb on my Bowtech Pro 38 ****UPDATE*****

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.