Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Old 03-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Who makes the Cabelas Stalker EL Shafts?

I am interested in finding out the spine of the 3490 and 3600 shafts. I got the other technical info from Cabelas chat help, but they won' t give me the spine or manufacture.

Any help would be greatly appriceated. My buddy is going to order some and I don' t want him to get the wrong shaft.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Hola,

Those are the BlackHawk A/C/C copies..same spines as a 3-49 (.390) and 3-60 (.340) respectively.

Oh..PS...

My local shop started carrying these recently..ditch the push-in nocks..buy unibushings and G-nocks..they are not taking nock end hits well at all..

Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks JeffB, that is what I was looking for.

Will the A/C/C 3-49 bushings fit?

How about the Stalker Extremes. From what I understand they are Beman ICS shafts. are the 5570 around .400 on spine?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know for a fact if the unibushings will fit perfectly or not, as I' ve not replaced any myself...but they should. I' ve been a bit underwhelmed with the Blackhawk ACC' s from initial lookover at the QC, so I' ve not fooled around with them for my own personal use.

The other shafts are Beman (or at the least a direct copy of the ICSH construction)..and I would be willing to bet your guess as to spine value is correct..at least advertised spine value. Hard to say what they would truly spine at with the variances in some shafts. Personally, I would spend a few extra dollars and grab the Beman branded shafts..I' ve found them extremely consistent in spine, and they are fairly inexpensive as far as carbons go.

IMO of course.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:49 PM

I just picked these up today. Blackhawk makes them, don' t they? The ones I got say blackhawk on them anyway....and those nocks do suck. I went straight from Cabela' s to the leauge and they don' t even fit my string....way sloppy and I broke one by pinching it.
Other than that I got ACC' s with +/- .0025 for $80 a dozen which I thought was a pretty sweet deal. Half of the Eastons I was looking at.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

...and here I thought Jeff did not post anymore....

I have not tried these particular shafts yet but would be a little skeptical as I have had some poor experiences with the Blackhawk ACA shafts in the past. If you do or did buy them already then please keep us updated as to your experiences with them.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

Yes indeed I rarely post much nowadays unless I see my name...quite honestly I just kinda get tired of seeing the same stuff day in and day out....ground that' s been covered many times over.

Which brings me to my next point..re: trushots comments..ground I' ve covered many times here...

You cannot always believe advertised tolerances..and my concern with Blackhawk ACC knockoffs was not straightness..it lies in construction. Specifically I' ve seen some " wavy" carbon wraps, which will lead to spine (accuracy) and durability problems as the carbon lifts from the aluminum tube. Easton' s processes are patented..think about the implications of that...quality of carbon used in the wraps..the bonding process and material...grades of aluminum used in the core tube...etc.

That $40 difference amounts up to al ot more than sub par nocks, and no unibushings.

Old 03-14-2003, 09:17 AM

Jeez Jeff...you make it sound like you don' t post anymore cause of me!LOL.

I get where your coming from though. I' ll play with these arrows and keep you posted on their survival rate...I' m pretty hard on my stuff, so if they have flaws....I' ll find them. There is a lot of difference in price so I would assume there are corners cut somewhere....can' t be $40 for the name alone.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh my gosh..I do apologize as I could see as how it indeed sounded like that! It was not my intention I assure you TruShot []

I simply meant that I was going to cover the same ground again in regards to my comments about arrow shaft quality, specs, tolerances, etc. etc.

Again, I apologize if you took my comment the wrong way.

Please do keep us up to date re: those shafts. I am keeping a keen eye on them at the shop, and a keen ear open for the customer comments.

Old 03-14-2003, 01:31 PM

Ditto on the posting layoff, Jeff.

I' ve backed way off on all forums as well. Pretty much the same reasons as you. In my case, spending more time with my customers in this slack economy is time better spent.

I also still monitor some of the forums in the event my name may be mentioned. After all, there are many out there who do not have a good PRO Shop and may need PROfessional direction/help.

Quick Reply: PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.