Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Old 03-14-2003, 04:49 PM
CG

Default RE: PABowhunter, JeffB or anyone else who can help

Thanks for takin' care of us rural folk Len...
Old 03-16-2003, 07:05 AM

No worries Jeff...I love me enough for everyone
I do understand what you mean about the same old questions over and over. It' s nicer with the better search engine now, but even I reply less....there' s only so many times you can tell someone how to figure KE before you get sick of typing it.

I looked at my arrows after you mentioned the janky carbon wrap and all mine look good so far. I' ll get the nocks together on Mon and shoot them the rest of the week.

Old 03-17-2003, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice to see you still postin' Len. You have been in my thoughts quite a bit lately. Glad to see that you are still doing well.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:10 PM

Frank:

Yea, I' m still around and ' kicking' . I' ve been meaning to send you an e-mail; but, better yet, I' ll post the information here. This will allow you and others to publicly witness some eating of crow by me.[]

A while back I was asserting that the Hoyt Cam and 1/2 bows were running long. The SuperTec was running 3/4" too long and has since stretched out to 1" too long. The original RazorTecs, MagneTecs and DynaTecs that I tested were running from 1/2 to 3/4" too long. At first, because of the SuperTec being so far off, I was moreso mislead and may have pulled TOO hard against the back wall. It may also be due to a run of strings on the first bows that were on the high end of the specs. Anyway, based on your findings, I continued to watch this issue on newer shipments.

The more recent shipments of Hoyts, I' m glad to say, have been right on the money when it comes to draw length. When I say, right on the money, that usually accounts for an allowance of up to 1/2" when pulling a little hard against the back wall.

I wanted to report this for the benefit of anyone ordering a specific Cam and 1/2. You can pretty much trust what the sticker says on the new Hoyts. I haven' t, however, purchased enough SuperTecs with the Spiral Cam and 1/2 to relax any apprehension I have about their draw lengths.

I hope this alleviates any confusion.

Ps Feel free to copy this and post it elsewhere. Corrected information is far superior to any pride!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len,

Thank you for the information. In this type of situation I just assumed that we were both correct simply because we both know how much bows can vary from shipment to shipment. One set might be right on the money while the next may be off a bit. I have not been shooting any of the Cam and a half bows for some time now but feel more confident about the draw length issue after seeing you post this.

Please drop me a line whenever you get a chance. I always enjoy our email exchanges and actually have a few questions that you may be able to help me with. Nice talkin' to you a Len.