Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which fletching adhesive is the best?

Old 03-13-2003, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Which fletching adhesive is the best?

I use Loctite 404 instant adhesive. It sets in about 2-3 seconds the only problem is removal is hard when it comes time to refletch. I will also have to look into the Goat tuff and remover...
Old 03-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Is this the stuff you were talking about ACLakey? Debonder?
Yes. The archery shop that turned me on to the stuff has it in a small coffee can sized container 3/4 full of this solution. He put the shaft in the solution and wiped the vanes off. One of the vanes didn' t come off as easy so he put it back in the can for a while. T
he " Debonder" worked. While we were waiting a bit he glued his fingers together to show me how well it worked. after watching them come apart and him whipping the residue off that was enough for me. One warning though. make sure you put the vanes where you want them. This stuff sets up FAST
Old 03-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

AC
Do you mix the debonder with something. You stated the owner had a 3/4 full coffee can of the stuff. I see the bottles are only 1 oz. and are $8 a bottle. How many bottles to fill a sm. coffee can?

thanks
Old 03-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I asked him the same thing. He said he contacted Timms Archery and ordered a small jug of the stuff. He uses it over and over so it seems to be cost effective. I don' t know the spacifics, but I can find out more if you would like.

Old 03-14-2003, 06:27 AM

Try to do that AC. I can see where dipping would be the way to go. Thanks
Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM

I am assuming that if one use ACC unibusings glued into the shaft that dipping would not be an option as the bushings would fall out. Also any idea on how it works on wraps?

Thank you
Old 03-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

UpNorth

Very good question. I have no idea to tell you the truth. I will find out next time I refletch my crested shafts. I will try to get ahold of Dan today and get more spacifics on the debonder. Sometimes he can be difficult to contact this time of year due to guiding steelhead fishermen. Next month he is guiding turkey hunters.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:21 PM

i go right down to wal-mart and buy myself a bottle of loctite-quiktite!! It' s cheap fast and I have found nothing that works better![:-]
Old 03-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Fastest Set gel, it sounds real similar to Goats Stuff. small bead down vane, clamp it, wait only few seconds, and its on. I' ve never had a vane pull off the shaft, and any needing replacing for tears or worn had to be cut off. I never liked Fletch Tite much. My vanes seemed to come unglued quit often even after using arrow shaft cleaning solutions, and roughing the surface a bit.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:15 AM

Super glue gel works as good as any of the instant adhesives.Alot cheaper too.I would be careful about dipping a carbon arrow in anything to remove the glue.It may weaken the resin that holds the carbon fibers together.Lately I have been using the tape to fletch carbons.It does' nt hold quite as good .But it' s much easier to refletch.One thing I do is put a dab of glue at each end to hold the feathers in place.

CB

Quick Reply: Which fletching adhesive is the best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.