Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good Setup?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Good Setup?

hey guys got a question i'm getting a Mathews DXT pretty soon, and being fairly new to bowhunting i don't know much about decent accessories for it, theres so many different brands i don't know which way to go. can anybody reccommend a decent setup? you know rests, sights, arrows, stabilizers...things like that. by the way i'd considered the mathews dropaway rest is it any good? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 08-28-2008, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Good Setup?

Budget? To be honest, it would better if you could spend some time looking at the accessories in store. Looking at pictures and prices is ok, but if you can look at a sight pins, rest styles, etc - you'll be much better off. We can give you a thousand reccomendations but they will all be worthless if you can't afford the products or get something and end up not liking it.

With that said. For sights, I was really impressed with the Copper John Dead Nutz series. The QAD Ultrarest is a well known rest and is very popular on here. Octane and Fuse both make excellent accessories as far as stab's and quivers go as well.

Also, take a look at the gear review forum
Old 08-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

tryin to keep it under 1300, bow costs 730, so that leaves me with 570 for everything else
Old 08-28-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

tryin to keep it under 1300, bow costs 730, so that leaves me with 570 for everything else
$500+ can buy you a ton of accessories - the question is marginal benefit. I could outfit my bow with everything I need for $300 probably, will spending an extra $200 give you that much benefit? Just a thought. I would start looking on the gear review board and from there start asking more specific questions about specific products.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

ok thanks i feel like an idiot because i didn't even realize there was a gear review forum on herebut once again thanks for your time
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

ok thanks i feel like an idiot because i didn't even realize there was a gear review forum on herebut once again thanks for your time
No problem, there are a lot of people that don't realize there are classifieds on here as well. That may be another area to take a look around.