Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release question???

Old 08-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Release question???

Is D-Loop material strong enough to use for the rope that goes from the wrist strap to the head of the release? I am talking about the piece that you could adjust to make your release shorter or longer, it is also going to have all the weight on it during full draw.

I have an older release(no name brand..worn off). I tried adjusting the release length but made it too short and now need to replace it??

Hope someone knows what I need, if needed I will post some pics! Thanks!!

Also if anyone is trying to unload on a strap release with rope or strap going to head of release let me know, I do not like the stlyes that have the hard shaft from the wrist to head of release. Any good reccomendations of this style of release for me??
Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release question???

I would say use the D-loop material. Ifit is structurally adequate to use for D-loop, it will withstand the same load on a release.

Or, you can order straps from: http://www.truball.com/
Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

YES: I used to a "Bulldog" brand release as well as another I can't remember the name of that I sold in my shop that used the same rope however it was doubled. It went around the release just like a string except leave both ends then rup up and through whatever it uses for a stop and again leave both together then tie off with a half hitch I think it's called. Very simple.

I used to have a local guy that madea release and sold them to folks. Slick working thing. It used a single length of this rope ran through a length of heater hose, then through a round leather fob and tied off to a washer. Never heard of anyone getting their nose broken!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 AM

Yes the D-loop material is plenty strong enough for your application. However, make sure your knot is!!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys I kinda figured it should ebbut wanted to make sure with some other minds first!! Thanks.!!!!!!!!!