Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Binoculars for 3-D

Old 04-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Binoculars for 3-D

I would give Optilogic a look.They may be hard to find and I can' t find a website for them but they are awesome.

Friend of mine shot for them and I had a chance to play with them and they were better than $1000.00 Nikon' s another friend of mine had for less than half the money.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK,I found the site

www.opti-logic.com

They show a retail price and I am sure you can do better than that.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use an old cheap pair of Simmons which works very well for me.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I asked this question in the IBO forum but this thread helps. I haven' t shot 3D in a couple decades and am going to try it again this summer. Back then binoculars were not allowed. From reading this question, I assume they are now? What are the restrictions? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:27 AM

if your only gonna use them for 3d i don' t think you need to spend more than 100 on a pair, if your gonna use them for hunting as well then thats another story altogether!
Old 05-07-2003, 03:39 PM

rcd567- 8X is legal according to the rules but the 8.5' s can also be used according the the IBO forum for some reason. Good luck getting back into it. I started last July and I love it. I go almost every weekend and have recorded my first 2 wins in the open (MBO) last month.

-Chief
Old 05-08-2003, 07:32 PM

rcd, Welcome back. IBO rules limit you to 8 power. I' m not sure about any other archery organizations restrictions. If you havn' t shot 3-d for a while then I would recommend a good pair of bino' s. As you can see from my last post I' m extremly happy with the Monachs. 8x42' s are all you' ll need anyhow. Another thing to keep in mind with bino' s is water proof/fog proof. Last year I shot on a day with lite rain and my cheapie bino' s fogged on me and cost me a few points. So what ever price rang binculars you go with make sure they' re nitrogen-purged. Good luck. JERRY
Old 05-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

You people might think I' m crazy or nuts, but have you heard of Sightron? Very nice, If don' t need big names but good quality-check' em out.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with xi. My cheap little $29 8X Bushnells work just fine for 3D. I' d say take the big money and invest in a quality pair of 10X for hunting.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Jerry--

Two or three years ago I bought a pair of Pentax DCF 8x56. I wanted the 8x56 because the 8x56 pulls in more light in shadowy and dark conditions, and are usually crystal clear. (these are) You normally cannot find a decent pair of 8x56 by any manufacturer for less than $700, and many for upwards of a grand. I bought these from Smile Photo in NY for right around $300! Pentax discontinued them because they were big and expensive to make, but I' m telling you if you can find a pair of these anywhere,(nope, can' t sell you mine, hehe) they will pull the rings out of a woodchuck at 50 yds, and are IBO legal. Awesome. Good luck. Pinwheel 12

edit- I see now that you already bought the Monarchs, good glass in themselves. I guess we can direct this to those others who are looking for great optics for lesser money. #1 rule---don' t skimp anymore than you have to on optics!

Quick Reply: Binoculars for 3-D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.