Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gripping the bow?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gripping the bow?

Most of the guys I know that paper tune, end up throwing BH's on there and re-adjusting anyhow, he may as well do a walk-back, then slap some BH's on there and adjust until he groups BH's and FP's together.

Just my $.02, because trying to Paper Tune just ticked me off more than anything. I could never get a "Perfect Tear," but I can keep my BH's grouped pretty tight to my FP's at 40 and 50yds all day long.
I’m with him. My home made paper tuning frame sits in the garage collecting dust because I find no need for it.

Walk back, toss on the BH & make anymore needed adjustments.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ever sinceI started French tuning I've not had a single problem with a BH even at close to 300 fps. Screw on the Bh and it hits where my fieldtip does.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

I personally do not use the grip pictured like 'most' people do. I have always used a regular grasp but extend my middle finger or index finger to reduce any tendency to torque. I do not like the 'feel' of the style shown in the pic. But that's just me i guess. I'm not a fan of skinny grips either, I like the bigger grips like on the Mathews bows. I know i'm strange but hey I git R done and that's what matters.