Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help- flinching

Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default need help- flinching

I have picked up a bad habit, flinching, and I can't get rid of it. I have a different bow ( Bowtec Blackhawk) which I feel very comfortable with. It's not that I flinch every time, but more than I'm happy with. I shoot with a sight, peep, and kisser button. I have been very successful deer hunting with many bows, so I'm not new to the sport. I take my time, concentrate, and carefully squeeze the release (Scott release). In the past I shot a bow with a good valley and the Blackhawk has very little to none. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help- flinching

Are flinching at full draw because the valley is too short, or are your jerking at the shot like target panic. If its cause the valley is too short you probably should shorten your draw a tad. If its target panic we have a whole other monster to tangle with.