Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip users...?

Old 03-08-2003, 04:47 PM

Default Gold Tip users...?

I recently bought some Gold Tip XT camo 55/75 arrows(with .003 straightness). On their website the picture shows all XTs' having a Green Band with black lettering. The hunter arrows have just Gold lettering on the arrow itself. My XTs have the plain gold lettering(just like the hunter series)but they are marked" Gold Tip XT camo .003" .

What gives.....did I get a bunch of Hunter arrows from the factory that were marked with " XT camo" or are they actually XTs' . I tried contacting Gold Tip but could use their web form to submit question...?
Old 03-08-2003, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Gold Tip users...?

Corey,

You bought the old camo design arrows, they are just as good as the new camo design (which has the green band). I don' t like the look of the band and the large letters so i still buy the old camo - they are cheaper also
Old 03-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rack is correct I have some 5575XT' s that dont have the band I use them for hunting.
I also have some 3555XT' s that have the band but use those for 3d.

The older camo pattern when you use those for 3d are real hard to get out even with soap.
The new pattern are much better for 3d.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:33 AM

The green band on the XT' s camo or plain can be easily removed with a little ascetone and a little rubbing. I use the ascetone and a little scratch pad and the band came right off. It didn' t hurt the arrow at all. The only problem I have with the camo is that they are hard to strip and re-fletch without harming the camo. I use the fastset gel which is like super glue. The plain XT' s are no problem re-fletching.............