Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Longest Shot taken on Deer

Old 03-26-2003, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Longest Shot taken on Deer

LivinonLuck Im going to assume that was just a really bad joke. If not, then I have a tuning method which will take you to the next level. A higher plain if you will, if done right. I think if you practice and super tune just a tad more you could get that range to over a thousand. Im going to tell you a little secret that I dont give out much. Its the little known Ukranian tuning method. What you do is find an open field. Screw on the widest cutting b.h. you can find, something in the way of a two and a half inch cut mech works really well. Also you want a day with absolutely no wind. You need at least two dozen arrows for this and even more works better. I recomend you take a hula hoop and stand inside it. The hoop gives a reference point.Raise the bow over your head and fling those babies straight up. Just as fast as you can, reload and keep em flying. You want as many arrows in the air as humanly possible. What you want to have happen is that arrow reach its peak, swap ends and come straight down. You want no arch what so ever. That arrow should go straight up, stop, swap ends, and come straight down. If your getting arch and the arrows are sticking in the ground outside the hoop, you need to get that bow on more of an even plane with the ground. What does this method prove you ask. I have no idea. I dont think Ukranians know squat about archery, but Ukranian tuning just sounds cooler than French tuning.In your case I see a possible benefit to this tuning method.

Whoops, did I forget to mention once you got all those arrows in the air, for Gods sakes dont just stand in that hoop. That could be dangerous. Hope this helped, and remember Kids dont try this at home.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:00 PM

Default RE: Longest Shot taken on Deer

My bad on my last post I was using a rifle not a bow, when I looked after I posted it, I see that everyone is talking about a bow