Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Noise when shooting.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Noise when shooting.

Yes, let us know how it turns out! Hope it goes well.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

It might even be your string leaches. I know is sounds funny that the things you have on your bow to silence it are making noise but it's possible. I wouldn't have believed it myself until last weekend. I was at a 3d shoot with some friends and one of them was shooting the Gander Mountain bow (Buckmaster?). It was a very quiet bow, except a little vibration after the shot. We could all hear it, but couldn't figure it out. He tightened down all of his screws and everything but the sound was still there. Well, we hung up our bows to go get arrows and one of the guys girlfriends was along for the walk and decided to fling one of the string silencers w/ her finger, sure enough, that was the culprit.

These were not string leaches, they were a type I've never seen before, but it's worth a look.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree...its likely the ultra nok and tube on the peep...id loose both

my buddy has both on a PSE bow..and had both on an older PSE bow....both bows are LOUD...sounds like a 22 going off! i joke with him and brought ear plugs one day! he wont listen to me though...

buddy has a nova(pretty sure) and i set it up for him...tru peep and tyed on loop...its pretty quiet...

you said you checked everything....but go back and check all the screws...sight screws, quiver screws, rest screws etc etc...i had one TINY screw on my viper sight come loose once....bow did it make a sound as it vibrated in the screw hole after each shot...
Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

wis_bow_huntr, how's this problem coming?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could be in the grip. Sounds like a mechanical issues. If it isn't the grip I'd say it's the cams/area. Could be an axel or axel receiver. Could require new limbs if the holes for the cams aren't replaceable. Needs to be taken apart and spec'd. At the very least look it over with a lighted magnifying glass. If the cams don't rotate smooth it could produce that sound.

I don't think it's anything like strings or acc.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first thought reading inital post was the Ultra Nock as well. I have a similar nock on my bow. But uses a string loop instead with the knock aligner. Last summer my bow started making a loud unusual noise. I discovered the nock aligner had come loose. This was after using it for over 2yrs with no problem. I would also loose the rubber tube. I don't see where you need both the Ultra Nock & rubber tubing to lign your peep up everytime!