Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away and fletching contact

Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default drop away and fletching contact

Thought I would show this video because I have seen this posted many times where someone is having fletch contact with a fallaway.

Thought it might help someone out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZK7O_s1Rq8
Old 08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: drop away and fletching contact

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your welcome[8D]
Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats pretty interesting TFOX. Is it possible that the nock point was a tad high in the video. That could cause the tail end of the arrow to kick down like that.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never mind, I just watched the video with my sound on.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Thats pretty cool! Is there any way to fix that?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Some drop aways come with a taller fall arm. Also, on some models you can pre-tension the rest to drop sooner and to stay down without bounce back.

Trophy Taker, QAD Ultra Rest and Ripcord all have these options.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

Yes,raise the nock point.Most when paper tuning would not even think of doing that because the result in paper with the arrow coming out the way it is now will cause a tail HIGH tear because the arrow will be pushed up by the contact but the correct fix is to raise the nock to avoid all contact.

This is one reason a I ALWAYS start out tuning with an unfletched arrow through paper.No way to get a tail high tear with no fletching.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Yes,raise the nock point.Most when paper tuning would not even think of doing that because the result in paper with the arrow coming out the way it is now will cause a tail HIGH tear because the arrow will be pushed up by the contact but the correct fix is to raise the nock to avoid all contact.

This is one reason a I ALWAYS start out tuning with an unfletched arrow through paper.No way to get a tail high tear with no fletching.
When I start tuning a bow. I like to start intentionally high. Especially on trad bows. And move down slowly. And then if I bareshaft tune, its easy to see a high shaft.

Good video

Old 08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: TFOX

When I start tuning a bow. I like to start intentionally high. Especially on trad bows. And move down slowly. And then if I bareshaft tune, its easy to see a high shaft.

Good video

I used to do that but most of my bows now have level nock travel and I now just put the bow in my bow vice and level it and then level my arrow and that is usually where it stays.Or pretty close to it.

Quick Reply: drop away and fletching contact

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.