Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away and fletching contact

Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drop away and fletching contact

I like the bagpipes.

That's aninformative video.

I tried putting myAlly with level nock travel but it seems to like the nock a little high and the center of the shaft at the top of the berger hole. Thought it was odd but have heard other people with Ally's have the same experience and it shoots perfect holes and shoots more accurately then I'm capable of shooting.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the nock has to be set high,then the nock travel is not perfectly level,even if it is supposed to be OR the spine is off just a touch,(or both)if I remember correctly,high nock would be a slightly soft spine.

I have used a stiffer spine arrow than called for to compensate for a really bad out of level nock travel.

Irrelevant for you,you have foundyour sweet spot.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

After watching the thing I'm not so sure the drop isn't part of the problem. It may drop before the fletch gets there, but not out of the way. It's inability to get out of the way is a problem some rests have and a higher/stiffer vane like a blazer would just make matters worse. This nock would have to be set quit a bit higher for contact to be avoided. Not saying it's totaly to blame, that arrow is suspect. If I was a betting man I'd say it was a GT XT. I and many others have had those explode before. Mine did itright where that shaft bent.

The same test with different arrows would be interesting. Still based on that video I would/will avoid rest with large launchers.

If you take controll of the video feed and just look at snap shots the launcher even without the shaft bending would still be in the way of the fletch. It's the same as trying to shoot a prong rest with the cock vane up. Look how high it sits on the shelf. It's fast enough to croos the street in traffic, but unfortunetly it stops in front of it.