Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable positioning.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Cable positioning.

My lefty '07 Equalizer came from the factory with the cables crossing below the thecable rod. They were rubbinghard against one another. So much so, they needed replaced after 1500 shots. Now, after just 4 months into another set of cables, those will need to be replaced.
One thing I have discovered is that if I position the cables to where they above the rod, the cables don't touch. The Equalizers are never depicted with the cables crossing above the guard. Could it be that my left handed bow needed the cable position opposite of a right handed bow in the first place? Does anyone foresee any problems with shooting with the cables in the "wrong" position?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cable positioning.

Had the same problem on my 08 Guardian. They should have been crossed above the cable guard. Was an easy fix. Could be the same with your bow.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
dws

Default RE: Cable positioning.

Maybe one of your cables should go over instead of under the other one. Don't take it for granted that it was installed correctly.