Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegence problem maybe/

Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Allegence problem maybe/

My 2006 Allegence seems to have to cams rubbing thetop and/or bottom limbs. I can feel whatseems to be a rub in the first few inchs of the draw cycle. I know it looks like there're touching the limbs and Ithink Irecall this happening to some of these bows in the past. Anyone know the cause if this is the case and what is the fix, a bushing maybe?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Allegence problem maybe/

I can't honestly answer. It could be a cam or bushing issue. A few years ago I had a similar rubbing feeling on draw but it turned out the cable slide needed replaced.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Check your limbs for cracks as well. I just had my second set of limbs installed on my '05'. Both sets were delaminating.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 PM

Might you have dry fired this bow? or maybe used an arrow that was too light for your setup?

Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

My 2006 Allegence seems to have to cams rubbing thetop and/or bottom limbs. I can feel whatseems to be a rub in the first few inchs of the draw cycle. I know it looks like there're touching the limbs and Ithink Irecall this happening to some of these bows in the past. Anyone know the cause if this is the case and what is the fix, a bushing maybe?
Well, you know where you have to take it

Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think people (and Bowtech) put spacers beside the cam to correct the issue on the '05 & '06 models. That's if is not the bushing. Is the cam physically leaning or does it look bent at the lobe?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len ordered new cams and limbs as they were rubbing pretty bad. Most likely a spacer or bushing but I'm happy.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Might you have dry fired this bow? or maybe used an arrow that was too light for your setup?
I'm not sure if this was directed at my reply, but if so:
No, my bow has never been dry fired. I bought it new in July 05, and watched it come out of the box. I shoot 460gr total weight of CX terminator selects, and that is the only arrow I have ever fired through it. I don't know if I have an issue somewhere or what. However I do shoot about 200-500 arrows a week.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

No here also.
Update:Bowtect sent the wrong limbs. Got all the way home and went to shoot the bow and it would only draw 53 lbs. Now another round trip of 190 milesis in order[:@].You would think they would have seen this after installation.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:33 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

No here also.
Update:Bowtect sent the wrong limbs. Got all the way home and went to shoot the bow and it would only draw 53 lbs. Now another round trip of 190 milesis in order[:@].You would think they would have seen this after installation.
Well, who did the work?