Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy ridge sights are they good or not

Old 03-06-2003, 05:16 PM

Default trophy ridge sights are they good or not

are the trophy ridge sights everything everyone says there are or are they just another fly by night sight ????????????????
Old 03-06-2003, 07:16 PM

Default RE: trophy ridge sights are they good or not

I like mine very much, easy to adjust and have really good visibility
Old 03-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fly by night? Not hardly! Trophy Ridge will be around for awhile. They make some excellent sights!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just don' t get too rough with them unless you want to be replacing plastic pins all the time.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 PM

I just put on my Mathews and am really happy with it. It pins show up good on a bright day and even better at night. I have budy that shoots with almost every weekend know and he is saving up to bye one.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:08 PM

I can' t tell you yet, but, when ever I get mine, I will let you know.

Seriously though, they have a great design and look awsome. I really like having an open sight window, and, the no tools required is really nice.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the nitro extreme 3pin last yr for my new bow. The vertical pins seemed to be natural to me. First thing I noticed right off was how easy the design was to put on my bow, and adjust for sighting in. My sight picture is good, and I really liked using the vertical alignment of pins. I set them at 20-30-and 40 for summer 3D' s.
On the down side the pins are little fragile. I broke one playing around with it soon after I bought it. I epoxy' d the pin, and used it the rest of last summer. My other complaint was they use 2 pins of 1 color. I had 2 yellow' s, and a green. Before hunting season came I contacted Trophy Ridge, and ordered replacement pins. They were very helpful, and I had my new pins within 7days, replacing them is fairly easy. They come with good directions. I changed the broken one to a red, so have all 3 colors now. Just the way I like!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:33 PM

I' ve been using a trophyridge site now for a year and a half hunting every weekend in hard country and have never had a problem, i just wish i would of got the 5pin one ...matt
Old 03-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you tend to be rough with your equipment they make the all metal sight also!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

About the only real practical complaint I have heard about them is that since the pins are in the same vertical plane it is much more difficult to gap shoot with them. I somewhat agree with this as it would explain some of the problems I had while using mine out on the 3D range this year.

I do like the ease of use which the site offers. Not having to carry around a set of allen wrenches sure is convenient. I have only had time to play around with the Flatliner model. I am unsure if the other models allow you to mount the sight closer to the riser but this is something that I think might be offered as an option.

Quick Reply: trophy ridge sights are they good or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.