Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy ridge sights are they good or not

Old 03-20-2003, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: trophy ridge sights are they good or not

I' ve had the Nitro Extreme 5 pin for almost a year now. Like the sight view, like the company and their support but the sight bracket design is flawed. This is only on the Nitro, but the windage bar is of a hexagonal design and fits through a machined hexagonal opening in the main sight bracket. These two dont play well with eachother. My sight kept moving after about 15-20 shots so I called TR. The immediately sent me another windage bar but it didnt help. I called them again and suggested they get rid of this design and stick with the dove tail type joints such as on the Matrix. They agreed to convert my bracket to dove tail if I' d send it to them and I did. Havent gotten it back yet but I think this will fix it. If it' s good to go, I' ll keep this sight on my bow for some time, I did a review on it a while back.

Cargo
Old 03-20-2003, 07:07 PM

had the matrix for a few months and i am pleased with it
Old 03-25-2003, 12:39 PM

I just got the Micro Matrix 5-pin with the new metal .019" pins. I couldn' t be happier with it. I sighted in all the way to 60 yds with it and I' m shooting better than I ever have before. I thought the vertical pins in the .029" size covered too much of the target at longer distances, but the .019" pins don' t and are metal now so they' re much tougher. I used the big wing nuts to sight in originally and then replaced them with the allen head screws to really lock it down. I' ve heard that wing nuts aren' t as secure and I don' t like having them out in the way anyway. I am very happy with it so far.