Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy ridge sights are they good or not

Old 03-07-2003, 08:22 AM

Default RE: trophy ridge sights are they good or not

I think it' s 100% dependent on the bow you put it on AND the type of shooting you do.

My first TR was the flatliner Xtreme. The ' thumbscrews' NEVER got tight enough to hold the dovetails from sliding while shooting. Eventually the plastic knobs broke & I put a wrench to it - it just didn' t get tight enough.

TR customer service was awesome - to the point that they sent me a replacement sight free of charge because of the problems I was having - they were great!!!

The 2nd sight was a Nitro - different sight, same problem. Off came the thumbscrews and on & went standard hex bolts - problem solved - I was able to tighten them up enough to keep it from sliding.

Then came Turkey season. I hunt turkeys exclusively with a bow and a DoubleBull ICE blind. Although these pins looked GREAT during the daylight and jsut AWESOME in the sun, when sitting in a blind where it is almost pitch black, and holding the bow out to the window where it is light, the 2nd & subsequent pins dissappeared. I had birds fly down on me but couldn' t see past a 20 yard pin - I.E. I couldn' t gap anything because of the vertical alignment - I couldn' t ' see' the 30/40/50 yard pins until it got lighter outside. Glow sticks or not - same results...

So, off came the TR - destined for the bottom of the tackle box. I actually gave a kid the 2nd one (since I didn' t pay for it I thought it only right to give it to a kid who would REALLY appreciate it) and sold the 1st for $50.

Now - as I said - this is my experience & as you can read from previous posts is quite different from others - Customer Service was top notch - the sight just didn' t like my bow. I never broke a pin btw but have heard of it happening by a lot of folks on this site.

Old 03-08-2003, 06:10 PM

I have one on each of my bows,the2002 matrix on the Q2 and the minimatrix on the BK2 I like the all steel one better its tougher and has smaller pins
Old 03-09-2003, 10:36 AM

I am not a big fan of that sight. It looks good and adjust easily but I had two pins break and I don' t need that. I went to the Copperjohn Deadnuts without any problems..........So Far!......Hopefully there willl be none..........
Old 03-15-2003, 07:40 AM

I was going to buy a Trophy Ridge because I liked everything about it,except, the negative feedback. I am ordering a Copper John today because I have seen no negative feedback. Maybe in a couple of more years I will again take a look at a Trophy Ridge. Just my opinion. Good luck...
Old 03-15-2003, 08:42 AM

i' ve got the micro pin one and the regular whichis .029 pins and the .019 pins ...I' ve had problems the company is great they stand behind their product 200% .... great to deal with no run around... shot better using their sights
Old 03-19-2003, 04:09 AM

We stopped selling them in dealers store that I shoot for because of to many getting broke. I would look at Copper johns products. Tough and fairly priced also.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:52 AM

I have never had the first problem with my flatliner extreme. I have put it through quite a bit of abuse and only had the mounting bolts loosen a little after some hard vibration on a 4 wheeler.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had problems with mine it moved on me , I even replaced the thumb screws with allen screws and it did the same thing . not good
Old 03-19-2003, 10:32 AM

i had mine for about a year now , i don' t know how i got along without it, it' s great !
Old 03-20-2003, 06:31 AM

this is my third year with a tr flatlinner and i love it i`ve not broke any thing on it and i`m as rough as they get on equipment very tough sight .the sight window is great and the need for a level is not an option for me ,i think they will be around for a long time to come

Quick Reply: trophy ridge sights are they good or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.