Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Straight or Right Helical?

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Default Straight or Right Helical?

Whats the difference?

What will you arrow do differently?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Straight or Right Helical?

Helical has more drag, straight does not. Helical will handle heavier arrows and fixed BH's better. Thats about it.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nate, do you fletch your own arrows?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Nate, do you fletch your own arrows?
No but I would like to start and I bought a jig so, yes eventually.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's great, you'll enjoy fletching your own. I use a straight clamp and I offset the fletchings to the right. What kind of jig did you get?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Spike

That's great, you'll enjoy fletching your own. I use a straight clamp and I offset the fletchings to the right. What kind of jig did you get?
I dip and fletch all my arrows (and everyone else's it seems) and always offset it to the right. Causes good stabilization but does slow it down just a bit. I recommend going with a right offset, especially with 2" blazers or 2" quickspins
Old 07-30-2008, 01:35 PM

I orderd a Bohning from cabelas for like 30 bucks. I didnt want to spend the 70 on a blitz just yet.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:38 PM

How do you get the offset with a straight clamp? I have a straight clamp. (I orderd a pack of a bunch of stuff off ebay and didnt know it was a straight clamp[:@])
Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Spike

you can't do a helical set with a straight clamp. If you have a jo jan jig, then all you do for an off-set, is loosen the screw on the front of the jig where the arrow rests and turn it to whatever side you want your off-set will be. Then tighten the screw again. Thisshould be fletched with a straight clamp.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nate, I have QAD ultra hd rest and I had clearance issues with blazers. I switched to 3.125" quickspins and they're faster than blazers by 3fps and broadheads fly better. A guy up in the panhandle sells them on ebay for $3.99 for 36. Check out Bullseye feathers on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Bullseye-Feathers_NAP-Quik-Spin-Vanes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1959463QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Quick Reply: Straight or Right Helical?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.