Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech s/c timeing

Old 03-07-2003, 06:41 AM

Default RE: bowtech s/c timeing

formula1

I was lucky enough to be able to try a VFT this week and I do believe you have decided on a fine piece of equipment. I expected a somewhat less shootable bow than it is and it was quiet, stable, light, and sexy all at the same time . I share your feelings about the valley and I' d also say that the letoff might add to those concerns. I, on the other hand, hope to use the lower letoff and higher holding weight at a lower draw weight to my advantage as my primary target bow; once I' m fully adjusted to it that is. I' ll still be hunting with 83% letoff though[:-].

I' d say 76 ft lbs of energy will bring home the bacon for you. And I notice you said that you don' t target shoot yet; whatcha waitin for?

-Chief

Old 03-07-2003, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

quiet, stable, light, and sexy all at the same time

You just made my day!

I' ve never ever heard anybody say their bow was sexy... I like it...It sounds like something I would say...
Old 03-07-2003, 07:01 AM

Bowtech shooter,

Have you seen the multi black in person yet? Since we think alike I' d like to know your impression of it is. I' m thinking it is going to be ultra-sexy.

The wait is killing me.

-Chief
Old 03-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I have...And it is ultra sexy...LOL...

It' s the most popular color being ordered so far this year.

I have a 2002 BK2 that was a sample of the same varigated pattern only in Blue/Black and the Black/Pewter looks better than mine. [:' (]...LOL...

Old 03-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Chiefheadhunter:

I will be doing some local 3D' s as soon as I get comfortable with the new VFT and I get my rest I ordered for it. Right now, I don' t have anything but a quick tune 1000 on it and I' m waiting for a CAMO GKF Mirage to come in. I' m shooting it anyway to get the feel of it and to sharpen up my form. This is about 50 fps faster than my PSE, so it does take practice. That' s why I bought it way before hunting season...to be sure I am proficient with it when the time comes.

Yes, 76 ft-lbs KE is sufficient, about 6 ft-lbs more than my previous setup. But I still have a momentum loss, so I just might up the arrow weight a little for hunting. We' ll see in time!!

Good hunting and good shooting!!