Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Winners Choice Ends Relationship With Bowtech

So when did they stop? If you buy a 2002 leftover bowtech off the dealers rack, would it have the Winnerschoice strings?

I can only imagine that the strings on the 2003 bowtech bows are of a high quality. Are there any issues to be concerned with regarding the stock string?
Old 03-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

So does this make BT a bad company now they are not using winners choice strings?

I think there might be more behind this story than is whats being told. I will wait and see what BT has to say before passing judgement.

But so far the other strings are turning out to be just as good as the WC strings.

DaveC.
If you can get a 02 left over off the rack it will have the WC strings unless it was a model that did not have them in the first place.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

As far as I know BT is now using Stone Mountain Strings. They make excellent strings also, and can handle the demands of high volume stringmaking while still producing a great product. They also pre-stretch their strings before building them. Parker bows is the ONLY bow company that warranties their strings, and they have Stone Mountain strings on them. That has to say something about the company. Who knows what the exact reason is, there have been little digs thrown back and forth for whatever reason between the two of them for awhile now. Whatever the case, BT still has excellent strings on their products, and Winners Choice will still be around, nothing to lose sleep over on either side IMHO. Pinwheel 12
Old 03-06-2003, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Interesting...very interesting. So Archery Research is now going to be offering Winners Choice as an option....hmmm.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:05 AM

When I received my Pat Dually and had some problems I was in contact with a tech guy at Bowtech who was very knowledgable. I asked him about string & cable stretch and if my dually had a WC setup. His reply was that Bowtech was no longer using WC because they(WC) wanted Bowtech to market their bows that had the WC setups as just that, and Bowtech didn' t want to market their products that way. Now this was from a bowtech rep but take it for what its worth. I' m not saying it' s gospel, just what a person at Bowtech told me.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:56 AM

Not trying to get something started....But I thought B/T was going to make strings in house.......Aleast thats the impression I got awhile back?????????
Old 03-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though the announcement has just been made, the dynamics behind the decision has been going on for awhile now. Personally it wouldn' t be a deciding factor in my decision to buy a bow anyway. But here is what bothers me. When it became known that the possibility exsisted that Winners Choice may in fact divorce themselves from BowTech and it was brought up on various threads here and on other boards, it was viewed as a BowTech bash and some went to great lengths to deny that this could ever occur. If there is a lesson to be learned from this incident it could be that one should not be blinded through ones emotional ties to a product or a company. Business cycles, structures, and trends change over time. That is just a fact of life.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing WC wanted BowTech to do was designate which bows had their strings on them. Why would they, BowTech, want to do that? If people think this will be a huge blow to BowTech, guess again. Plenty, nearly all, other manufacturers don' t use WC strings. Don' t be blinded by a string maker. What are the quality issues WC speaks of? Could some of the strings provided have been incorrect lengths? Were they compromising quality to keep up with demand? Do they know for sure their strings are the only ones capable of the quality people expect? Rather pompous, IMO. It appears WC is now not going to honor the prior contract. The O2 strings are proving to be fine. I' ve had to twist strings & cables on my 01 & 02 BowTechs. The string & cables on my 03 Patriot are doing fine, whoever made them.

I edited to remove the extra W, in WC, I mistakenly inserted earlier.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:05 PM

Sounds to me like Winner' s Choice dosen' t want people guessing wheather or not your BowTech has their strings. The Stone Mountain strings do look like WC and maybe some are getting confused. Personally I think BowTech has great quality strings on their ' 03 bows and I have not been able to see much difference. I hope this is an end to all the bickering some want to dig up. Thanks to both Winner' s Choice and BowTech for bringing to market some of the finest products in archery.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.