Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-06-2003, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Winners Choice Ends Relationship With Bowtech

My question is how much do Stone Mtn strings cost? I honestly thought the strings on my ' 03 BK Pro and DC Pat were still Winners Choice. They have performed flawlessly, no stretch or peep rotation. I was about to order a second string / cable set for each bow. But, given the performance of these Stone Mtn strings, I will probably get my 2nd set from them if they are cheaper.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:36 PM

jrb CO I' m with you...

One of the things I always told bowhunters who scoffed at the price of my bowtech(s) was that you must immediately add ~$100 for the string/cable. Now that they aren' t WC strings & cables, how much do replacements cost - AND - if they are markedly cheaper then where did that delta go?

NOT KNOWING A THING about the background of this issue I assumed (we know what that can means..) this was due to the cost of the original strings. If (to use round numbers) BowTech sells a bow with $100 strings for $600 they make less profit than selling a bow with $50 strings for $600... Get my drift? I didn' t notice a decrease in ' 03 bow prices so I' d be real interested in the replacement cost of th strings...

Old 03-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

I spoke with Tom about the Bowtech issue last night when we were shooting and this morning in his shop. It is not my place to go into spacifics, but the decision was his to stop supplying Bowtech with strings. Tom, and winners choice, have many other opertunities to provide the best strings in the business.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The website EAGLE ARCHERY has the STONE MOUNTAIN STRING for SC FAST FLIGHT at $22.99.
STONE MOUNTAIN STRINGS phone # (208)476-7811
This is the only info I have on them for now.
I purchased a Parker Ultra Lite 31 in 2002 with STONE MOUNTAIN STRING installed on it, and I was very impressed with the string.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:31 AM

What happened to the text in my post?
Old 03-07-2003, 08:29 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Where' s BTShooter? Seems funny I haven' t seen a post from him for awhile. He always knew the answers and defended Bowtech on these and other issues.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

TM

Pat (BTS) has started a new job and is tied up at the moment.
But I am sure he will be back online soon to answer any questions
Old 03-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not defending either side, don`t need to. They both make an excellent product.

I do know that Bowtech was taking bids from two other string manufacturers 6 months ago.

It does seem odd that, as Frank pointed out, WC seems to be saying they are severing with BT since their strings are not used exclusively. While other bow brands have them as optional equipt.

In any event, both companys will do fine, given the quality of their goods!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-13-2003, 09:38 PM

My brother in law sells Bowtech in his shop and I had told him that I heard about this subject and he told me that his sales rep had said that it was true about winners choice but the main reason for the split up was that Bowtech is making their own strings now.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.